funniest thing you've heard in a u2 [audience recorded] bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the bootleg for Melbourne Popmart and after Staring at The Sun, a guy can be heard saying "That's it, i'm getting a bloody guitar!"

Providence, 30.10. 2001.
During Bad, Bono climbs on the arena balcony where he spots a little girl and asks "What's your name?" As she doesn't hear it/is confused, he asks again "What's your name?"
and she replies with a loud "I LOVE YOU!"

ChargedVT said:
I have the bootleg for Melbourne Popmart and after Staring at The Sun, a guy can be heard saying "That's it, i'm getting a bloody guitar!"

LOL

2005-03-30 San Diego
At the very end of SYCMIOYO a male is heard clearly saying "fucking spirtual man!" :lol:

A tad off topic... but... very funny (to me)....

At the end of Elevation on the Argentina pro-shot DVD from 06... some guy and girl are making out in the front row... and the guy is all over her...

And there make out session is flowing perfectly with the music.

I won't go into any more detail but I was shocked when I saw it.

bootleg of the concert of Rome of the Vtour
during the intro of "i still haven't found" a girl asks: "what song is it?" and the answer that comes for this question is "oh, fuck you"

Glasgow Barras, Bono is giving it "im really proud to be onstage with this group of people blah blah. You can here a Glaswegian shouting "insincere bastard"

Glasgow Tiffanys, Bono is saying " people expect me to know answers" Glaswegian in crowd " I dont and neither does he"

NJ 2 on the Vertigo tour... at the beginning of Miracle Drug Bono does this speech about the future and somewhere he says he looks forward to guitar effects... some guy just yells "Yeah, rock and roll!!" Completely contrary to everything that song is about.

Galeongirl said:

it's the opening night San Diego one :lol: I have a little vid of that, it was during An Cath Dubh - Into THe Heart,... Bono's kittymove.. he slid down the stage and the dude shouts BONOOO I LOOOVE YOUUUU!!!! .. Bono looks his way and looks VERY odd :lol:

I cant believe you guys dont know who that is! Its not Anu from the Simpsons, its Richard Kiel, pictured below! forgive me Richard. But when I heard that bootleg your face immediately sprang to mind, picturing you as a U2 fan:

"bonooooo i love yooouuuuuu"

"rock and roll man"

"play the rock and roll bonoooooo"

happygilmore2.jpg

happygilmore3.jpg

At the buffalo 12/9/05 concert the chick a few rows aheada me got larrys stick, and at the beginning of my miss sarajevo recording her friend who musta not noticed her gettin it goes 'who got the other stick?' and this chick yells ' I DID!!!' .It makes me laugh everytime.:huh:

On the 5-17 East Rutherford show a guy can be heared making jokes and remarks to his friends who laugh at every stupid one of them. Saying stuff like: Liberal propaganda, during the human rights declaration, Here comes the f***ing speech again, during the One intro. Or my favorite when Bono says we don't want your money, What? At $99 a ticket?

maro_chik said:
I can't remember what show it was, but it was during the Elevation tour when Bad segued into When I Look At The World. One guy says "I CANNOT believe it. That is f*cking awesome." :wink:

I think this is Kansas City -- it's one of the few times as I recall them playing WILATW.

I'll flame myself -- that question was answered, read the whole thread first dude.

Not a quote, but the not very well circulated Omaha 12/15 Vertigo show has some extremely poor singing next to the taper -- the singing is so bad it is funny.

The funniest thing I've heard in a U2 bootleg is from a New York show on the Elevation tour the 06.17 or 06.19. Anyway what I downloaded was a partial show, the last song was "Stay" I had no idea why it stopped at that song but when I was listening to "Stay" I heard this authoritive voice say "what are you doing"? Then I heard the taper trying to defend himself by saying "Bono said he has no problem with people taping the shows" I couldn't hear much after that because of scuffling of the microphone but I heard the security guy demanding he hand over the recorder - somehow the taper got out of it! :yes:

Does anyone know where I can find this bootleg? I lost it a long time ago and I would like to hear it again. :)

Would be nice if you all could quote all your repleys again and upload a file with the live performence you mentioned :)

Last edited:
Miss Sarajevo, Milwaukee (September 25, 2005)

Bono: "We had a tv station that we used to take on the road with us in the early '90s....
Woman: "ZOO TV!!!!!"
Bono: "....called Zoo TV...."
Woman: "Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E0F260707EFA655B

Muad'zin said:
On the 5-17 East Rutherford show a guy can be heared making jokes and remarks to his friends who laugh at every stupid one of them. Saying stuff like: Liberal propaganda, during the human rights declaration, Here comes the f***ing speech again, during the One intro. Or my favorite when Bono says we don't want your money, What? At $99 a ticket?

Ugh, I have that bootleg. I never bothered to finish listening to it because those guys talked over everything :grumpy:.

waynetravis said:
Miss Sarajevo, Milwaukee (September 25, 2005)

Bono: "We had a tv station that we used to take on the road with us in the early '90s....
Woman: "ZOO TV!!!!!"
Bono: "....called Zoo TV...."
Woman: "Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!"

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E0F260707EFA655B

Thanks! :)

Peterrrrr said:
Would be nice if you all could quote all your repleys again and upload a file with the live performence you mentioned :)

I'd be happy to post the bad singing from the Omaha show -- but have never been able to figure out that You Send It thing -- just need a volunteer to post it somewhere; adn I will email a cut of the .wav to you -- my email is bcwgobuffs@yahoo.com.

It's worth the laugh if somene steps up to post it.

If you guys could hear the stuff I cut off the beginning and end of my recordings you'd either crack up or be grossed out.

Back
Top Bottom