Funniest DVD moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
I finally got around to watching the DVD last night, and all i can say is... WOW!
eek.gif

aside from the amazing performance by the band, i noticed a few very funny moments. my personal favorite comes during the "Making of the DVD" segment. The narrator comments that during rehearsals, Bono was concerned about saving his voice. They then cut to a shot of that long-haired road-crew guy walking down the heart ramp singing a VERY off-key version of "With or Without You"- he's obviously filling in for Bono during the rehearsal. it's just too funny- especially if you've ever seen this guy at a show (i think his name is Rocco (?), and he's always SO SERIOUS!).
smile.gif

did anyone notice any other funny moments?

I think its pretty funny when during "New York" Bono sings the line about "a can of mace" and then he does a *spraying a can of mace* motion with his finger. silly, but it made me laugh.

Originally posted by *Ally*:
it's just too funny- especially if you've ever seen this guy at a show (i think his name is Rocco (?), and he's always SO SERIOUS!).
smile.gif

Rocco? You don't mean "THE" Rocco do you?

sorry, only seen it once, but I believe around the middle of the show I love Bono's reaction to an object flung at him from the audience...whacks two fingers up at the offender and carries on..
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
sorry, only seen it once, but I believe around the middle of the show I love Bono's reaction to an object flung at him from the audience...whacks two fingers up at the offender and carries on..
biggrin.gif

Yep, that's my fav too! Quick reaction from Bono on that one!...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

I think the funniest thing is in the credits (on the second DVD I think) where under all the crew for the different cameras it says:
BONOCAM- Cameraman- Bono

Originally posted by *Ally*:

um, who is "THE" Rocco?
confused.gif

why rocco ritchie, of course. madonna's baby boy.
wink.gif

i'm joking!

i need to get the dvd. is it dec. 25 yet?

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by lazyboy:
He got smacked in the face with a glass of water/beer at Slane2

There's also a good dowsing caught on the "Zoo Tv Sydney" video, just after "Running to Stand Still", when Bono is walking back to the main stage on the catwalk. In this case, he does'nt even flinch, just keeps walkin'...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
biggrin.gif

Not only that, but if you look closely, you can clearly see Bono mouthing "F*** You!" Great stuff
smile.gif

-Mike

------------------
My U2 Bootleg Archive

Haha, I'm with the two finger moment too, classic! Although that Irish temper has been worse, like in the Dublin show in 97 when he got a laser in the eye and he really did shout down the microphone that he'd fuckin sort the guy out
biggrin.gif

He got smacked in the face with a glass of water/beer at Slane2 too, all he said was "I hope that was water" or something, feck though, he gets lotsa stuff, not just flowers and that shit, thrown at him
confused.gif

Back
Top Bottom