Funeral or tribute songs for U2 when they die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When U2 members die, which I hope will be a long long time from now, they will play songs from their career as a tribute to them. You know how when someone famous dies, they show their lives and careers and work on TV and play their songs on the radio? Which songs do you think will be appropriate ones to play at their deaths to remember them by and represent their career? I think One and WOWY are good choices. What songs will they play, what will the media say, how do you think they will be remembered and what will be their legacy when they are gone?

You didn't get the memo? They're immortal.

Ok, real answer? I don't want to answer 'cos it's such a terrible thought.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

I hate shows like that

The Unforgettable Fire would be appropriate

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

This is so sad! I do think One and UF are good choices.

Originally posted by Lilly:
You didn't get the memo? They're immortal.

I got it.

Seriously, they will definitely play One, maybe they will also do Beautiful Day, ISHFWILF, IGWSHA, One Tree Hill, or Kite.

But that's going to be a loooooong time from now. Sad thought.
frown.gif

------------------
When I grow up I'll turn the tables

either you have to much time on your hands to come up with a thread like this, or i do for even wasting my time responding.

well, actually since im always right, its you that has a problem.

------------------
-deathbear

There are so many. There will probably be a lot of tribute shows and specials when the sad time comes. There will be books and magazines too. Of course this all depends on how long they live and how well remembered they are at the time, but I'm sure they always will be. I'm sure Bono will be remembered for more than his music too. Being I'm as old as they are, I will be going with them, and be in Heaven with them before you younguns.
wink.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

just before the release of ATYCB a mexican journalist asked Bono the same question and he answered:

"uhh tough question (pause), (then he stared to sing) .... Love is blindness
I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night
Around me
Oh my love
Blindness
A little death
Without mourning
No call
And no warning
Baby...a dangerous idea
That almost makes sense"

frown.gif

Stay (faraway, so close) and Gone.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

None of the songs listed, or any that U2 have come up with to this date. It'll be some massive song(s)/album in the future that everyone will remember them by....

Just my thought

Bless ya!
WHYWHY.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom