FULL METAL JACKET - mother of all rock songs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allcub

The Fly
Just read this on dotmusic...........Bono raving about this rough demo for the next album sayin it's gonna be the mother of all rock 'n roll songs. I know Bono has a habit of sayin similar stuff about new stuff........but even Edge is excited about it........and so I wanna be excited about it too. If there's even I chance that there's gonna be some headfucks on this next album..............then I can't wait.

Anyway check it out http://www.dotmusic.com/news/November2002/news27122.asp

I find it hilarious how the band always make these outrageous claims but I think it is good in a way, funny for sure. Edge and Bono are like two kids that are soooo psyched about their science project.

Usually these quotes are from Edge or Bono, Larry and Adam are more restrained, they know better. Anyway I hope this time they are right.

Hopefully this album has a better title than the last one. I mean, All that............(seemingly hours later)....behind. Let's just hope they don't name it after one of the album tracks. Can you imagine the album being called "Bulldozer", or "Sometimes you can't make it on your own". Terrible.

I'll believe it when I hear the finished product. Bono always goes on and on about whatever idea he likes at the time, but by the time the record's finished, him and the band have moved to another set of ideas. The record that comes out is filled with these ideas and everything else falls by the wayside.

What's with all the goofy U2 song titles lately?

Full Metal Jacket
Wild Honey
Electrical Storm
Bulldozer
Original of the Species

:no: :rant: :banghead: :silent: :reject:

yeah that would be kind of cool if they named it after the studio.

are you saying that they didn't have funky titles before? ok, nevermind, i can't think of any...but how is electrical storm weeird? wild honey?

isn't full metal jacket a band or something? oh wait, no, that was full DEVIL jacket...

i don't know, i don't really have a problem with them going on about how great the album's going to be...

U2fan42 said:
What's with all the goofy U2 song titles lately?

Full Metal Jacket
Wild Honey
Electrical Storm
Bulldozer
Original of the Species

:no: :rant: :banghead: :silent: :reject:

Isn't that ' Origin of the Species'?

I disagree with you. I mean what's wrong with the likes of "Wild Honey" and Electrical Storm" (certainly no "goofier" than 'Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk (Koronova I)' ;) ) ?

...Oh and by the way I'm quite excited at the fact that 'Full Metal Jacket' is supposed to be so good. Trust Bono fellas, when has he ever let you down in the past?

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
...Oh and by the way I'm quite excited at the fact that 'Full Metal Jacket' is supposed to be so good. Trust Bono fellas, when has he ever let you down in the past?

Yeah! Glad to see a couple comments like this. May I ask why everyone immediatly jumps at the opportunity to say "like that will ever happen" everytime one of the band members says that the yet-to-be-released album will kick the ass of all their old stuff? Unless your all-time favourite album is "Boy," your favourite album already kicked the ass of the preceeding ones, thus making this statement true by at least one account.

That last bit didn't have a shred of sense to it, did it?

Sorry, the brain's asleep but the body's not...

.originally posted by U2fan42 - What's with all the goofy U2 song titles lately?

................eh I'm just flippin thru some CDs on my desk here at random and without lookin too hard found some real nice song titles such as.....

Last train to Trancentral
You only tell me you love me when you're drunk
eurochild
The girl with the sun in her head
hymn of the big wheel
can't be messin 'round
sergeant rock is going to help me
I want a dog (a chiwowow) - Ps don't correct my spelling
Let me be your underwear
Girl from Ipanema goes to Greenland

and the list goes on and on into space like the beginning of Star Wars......so eh I've hear some pretty crap songs with some cool titles and vice versa so if the first song on the next U2 Album is called......"I love the girl with the puppydog breath"......I reckon it willl still be one arsekicker of a tune......and that'll be fine with me.

Amen

Back
Top Bottom