Full Metal Jacket a b-side?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevink

The Fly
I predicted this earlier in another thread and now I think it's even more likely to happen, given that it's not on the album and also Edge's coments on it! Edge said that the original version of FMJ married another track and had a baby (I think the "baby" is Vertigo, but we can't be sure at this point). This has happened before. Lady With The Spinning Head was a precursor to The Fly. Always was an early song that led to Beautiful Day. Both songs were early versions of their respective album's lead single, and both songs were released as b-sides.

Who out there wants to hear the original version of Full Metal Jacket as a future b-side?!

To add to my post, I wonder what track FMJ married? If it was the "mother" of all rock tunes, who was the "father" of all rock tunes? :wink:

I think that a certain U2 member who posts here (I won't mention names :wink: ) said that Full Metal Jacket, Native Son and Vertigo are/were all the same track.

So there you have it. If it is completely accurate (not that I doubt his comment, more my recollection of it :D), then I think you won't find it on a B-side.

Although, come to think of it.
Lady With The Spinning Head
Always

:hmm:

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom