full metal jacket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hehe shaun got all anticipated for nothing :D

Anyway, does anyone know what happened about “Bulldozer”? I heard rumors about it during ATYCLB that it was Larry’s favorite song. Did it merge into another song or is it still to be completed?

Last edited:
miss becky said:
I thought Bulldozer became Elevation.

OK thanks, I thought Levitation become Elevation, but they both sound different from each other.

Bulldozer is a cool name for a song :yes:

Last edited:
I personally believe Bulldozer is Love and Peace or Else. AS it was just an instrumental piece with that cool intro, as it was described it its infancy in an article. Then I believe Bono incorporated the LAPOE idea into that song, as it was a previously exisiting song. I could be totally wrong, just a guess.

I hear the dirge of a bulldozer in that intro. Also Larry said he loved the drum part in that song, so that would also tie into when Bulldozer was rumored to be Larry's favorite track from ATYCLB sessions.

And Full Metal Jacket is the name of a demo for goodness sakes, SHaun knows this, he is just pulling chains. It was just a demo, Bono probably heard it and thought it was "metal" and him in his not so clever nature dubbed it Full Metal Jacket. Native Son, I think was a cool song, Vertigo, ehhh not so much. :)

Hey Shaun. Why don't you try mixing Vertigo with GNR's Sweet Child Of Mine and rename it Full Metal Jacket?

Could Native Son work well as a finished song if the obvious Vertigo parts were chopped out, the lyrics worked on and a lot of tweaking?

Back
Top Bottom