Fuck re-recording Pop, tour Unforgettable Fire again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
I love/hate threads like this because we all know none of this is ever going to come to fruition....oh, but the thought of it. :)

If I ever heard A Sort of Homecoming live in concert, I'm not sure if I could even fucking take it, I'd be on overload.

If only I could will myself to just dream about it. :heart:

It won't happen, because the album will ultimately be the centrepiece of the next tour, but I would love to see my TUF. I was desperately hoping to see ASOH when I went on the 18th. ASOH, Pride, Bad could all be played, possibly Wire and ISS and Promenade, not sure about TUF just because of vocals...

GibsonGirl said:

The mullet will make a comeback. As will the tight leather pants, much to the delight of the PLEBA crowd.

index.jpg

Bono's Irish Power Fluffy Highlight Mullet aka "the Irish Falcon"

and Edge looks like one of my old gym teachers.

:happy:

Boy, I know that not every U2 fan agrees on what albums are best, worst, etc....and that music and art are highly subjective....but, the Unforgettable Fire "sucks"???? What? I just don't get that. Not your cup of tea? Understood. Like Pop better? To each their own. But, to say it sucks? I don't get that. I don't come close to getting that.

No spoken words said:
Boy, I know that not every U2 fan agrees on what albums are best, worst, etc....and that music and art are highly subjective....but, the Unforgettable Fire "sucks"???? What? I just don't get that. Not your cup of tea? Understood. Like Pop better? To each their own. But, to say it sucks? I don't get that. I don't come close to getting that.

I don't get it either. What's not to love? A Sort Of Homecoming is one of U2's best album openers. Wire has one of the most infectious riffs Edge ever wrote. The Unforgettable Fire is gorgeous. 4th of July is gorgeous. Promenade is gorgeous. Bad is...come on, it's Bad! One U2's career defining songs! Indian Summer Sky is criminally under-rated. Sure, Pride's overplayed to the point of boredom, but that doesn't make it a bad song. Elvis Presley And America and MLK might be snoozers...

If you like 80s U2 in general, I really don't see how you could say the album sucks. Even taking subjectivity into consideration.

Axver said:
Anyone who thinks UF, the song, is better in the studio clearly hasn't heard the 21 March 1985 performance. :drool:

U2 could do amazing things with the UF album live. It's a shame they seem to have forgotten it was more than 2 song EP.

Well upload it and post it on Misic On The Internet .
It's not offical is it ?

I'm actually trying to imagine what it would sound like if say moterhead covered Elvis Pressley and America.

nah, Rattle and Hum will always be the new Pop. :p

case in point: it got skipped earlier in this thread when discussing a tri-album tour. :wink:

I think one of the problems u2 would have with this idea is that they can't be on tour for 3 or 4 years- about how long it would take the band to play enough shows to match the consumer demand for this sort of event.

As a single album tour (the point of this thread) the setlist would need to have more than just Unforgettable Fire songs (it's not a very long album) , so what we'd see live would probably contain selected songs from War, October, Boy, and possibly a track or two from Edge's solo work.

With that said, I think this tour would be a nice idea, but u2 do not appear to be prepared to rest on their laurels.

U2girl said:
:huh: What was that all about?

You know exactly what that was about. Just because a few Pop-lovers hype up UF, you post the bloody drama smiley and inquire if it's the new Pop. This thread wasn't about Pop to begin with - Canadiens1160's title has nothing to do with the content of the original post. Despite this, you managed to drag that particular album into the discussion...yet again.

I made the Pop analogy because (on a much more limited scale but still) the reaction to one poster's opinion on UF reminded me of what often happens to negative comments with Pop. You can't seriously think a post like that was literal.

Had that particular post been about a certain other U2 album (or two), you can bet there'd be high fives all over the thread. All is relative, and it's interesting to see the irony, hence the :corn: smiley.

Aside from the fact that a few posts were about re-recording Pop,
there are threads not about ATYCLB or Bomb and that's not stopping some from giving them a much, much harder time than the infamous anti-UF post that got people worked up. Somehow there is less sensitivity being on-topic with those two. More :corn:

if u2 could do to the rest of pop what they did to please (single), i wouldnt mind seeing them re-record pop at all.

Aygo said:
^ Yeah, but Pride is played in a lower key than the original album version.

It was also played in a lower key back on the UF and JT tours too. But :shh: don't tell anyone.

Actually, I wouldn't want to see UF again if it meant Bono had to regrow his mullet. ;) But he was a bit chunky on that tour - and he's a bit chunky now, so at least that part is perfect! :up:

Back
Top Bottom