Fu** Man!!! Miracle Drug Is Amazing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Be still, my heart...
I mean, 4 out of 4. Everything sounds great for now on this album!

I already played the crappy clip 25 times in a row lol

:drool:

Now if somebody could send me the crappy Vertigo again. I would love to hear it again, but I deleted it two weeks ago...:(

I'm dying for more! GO U2 GO!!!!

I give everything an A so far.

I'm starting to get really excited.

I just hope the other 7 songs are just as good....hopefully even better.

Can someone post the links to Love Peace or Else and Miracle Drug on this thread PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
yes, I think everything is an A so far as well...

I really really like ABOY and Vertigo, now Miracle Drug, and I think LaP or Else will be really good too...

I've only listened to the ABOY and Miracle drug clips. I want to be surprised when I hear Vertigo for the first time on the radio.

The md clip is very moving. I don't know how the folks that want 'heavy' are going to feel about it, but it seems like it could be grand like Kite or even Bad. :yes:

Then again the first Beautiful Day clip overwhelmed :faint: me so much that when I finally heard the complete song, I was a bit let down. :huh:
So I don't think that I am going to listen to any more clips. :help:

Btw, user Tintin discovered that Edge is the one singing after the solo.

This album sounds like it's going to be the bluesier more rockin' little brother of Achtung Baby. All 4 clips that I heard so far honestly rocked. Even Love Peace Or Else.. Which started out bluesy then built up to a rocking song.

the part after the solo still sounds to me like bono with the edge maybe echoing his phrasing . . . not sure.

Yes, it is amazing! I have listened to it about 50 times now. I love it...
All these clips are so exciting. We're all going to freak when we hear the album, with the songs actually produced, without the Spanish and waves.
Yes, we get Vertigo in a few weeks, but I really want Miracle Drug.

I've been overseas for a month and haven't checked in here at all. And I get here and 3 more songs have surfaced. And they sound F*CKING AMAZING.

For U2 to make this album a BIG album, they really don't have to do much. Listen to what is big 'out there' in rock. Bands like Modest Mouse for example. What are they doing? They're doing what U2 were doing 20-25 years ago. Play Modest Mouse's 'Float On' back to back with Sunday Bloody Sunday. The 'Coldplay' sound is the other very popular 'rock' sound at the moment. Listen to Clocks back to back with the Unforgetable Fire. It's a piece of cake for U2. They do both better than anyone, and by the sounds of Vertigo and Miracle Drug in particular, they ARE doing both better than anyone.

Very, very, very exciting.

BTW guys I don't think you realize how amazing All because of you can be. U2 were probably just strumming away with this song for hours, and not really making is sound special, and if you listen to it again, you can realize how much potential this song has, especially in full studio form and not in some half assed rehersal. Just remember the circumstances that the clip was recorded under ppl, ABOY will be a force to be reckoned with in its full form ;)

I don't really understand why people are raggin on ABOY. Good god- to me it has an energy and style that is really special. I love Bono's skill with the rhythm guitar, and Edge's guitar sort of takes off, soars over top of the tune, and makes a landing halfway through the verse. Then, during the chorus, it takes off again and sounds like it will head off into a wicked solo. Fricken' awesome! Way better than anything off of ATYCLB (and I love the album, not an ATYCLB hater at all!)

But, yes- to me Miracle Drug is still the best clip of the 4 so far. Easily the best piece of music I've heard in some time. You know I was wondering if U2 could ever pull off another classic ballad like WOWY or One (kite is awesome, but may not have enough momentum to carry it through another 10 years). From what I hear from MD, I simply can not see how it will not join WOWY or One as one of the top classic u2 ballads of all time.

Really, I don't see Miracle Drug as much of a ballad. I see it more like Streets. Hmmmm.....I never thought of it as a ballad, just a more dreamy/tame rock song...hmmmm...

interesting how you'd call that a ballad and I wouldn't...proves how you can't really rely on anyone's description of the new songs other than your own. Is it november yet????

You're absolutely right innocent- we certainly can't tell from the clip if it's technically a ballad; if it's going to have a recurring refrain or all that- i don't know all the technical details of what a ballad consists of. Now that I listen to it again- it probably won't be a ballad, but a slow rocker nonetheless- and a very, very beautiful one at that!

What I find so interesting with their current songwriting techniques is that they tend to deviate from traditional song structure and the lines tend to blur between styles, etc.

For example, with Kite, I feel the song structure itself was constructed to actually feel like a kite blowing in the breeze. Just my opinion, though.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble folks, but I truly believe "Miracle Drug" is not on the final tracklisting. The evidence suggests it won't be.

Nevertheless, there are two possibilities:

1. The song was renamed and in some form will be on the album.

2. "Miracle Drug" is going to be a great b-side.

If you listen carefully to the clip, it is the exact kind of song that the band seem to love at first, but then leave it off the main disc for some reason (perhaps they feel it just isn't strong enough after playing it a hundred times). In regards to this song, which is reminicient of "The Sweetest Thing" and maybe even "If you Where that Velvet Dress," the guitar solo is quite simple yet includes an absolute climax which is generally reserved for when they take the songs on tour. In other words, the song is typical for great b-side material. Now it may be the poor quality of the recording, but the sound doesn't quite sound like it has the eventual power of, say WOWY. I do love it in fact. Just don't throw up your arms in disbelief if you buy the new cd and "Miracle Drug" is not there.

The band was showing off their new cd for Michael Stipe at the time the Spaniards recorded the song. It will be on the album.

Back
Top Bottom