From now on....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Nobody better question whether or not U2 still got it! The crowd and cast members were in complete awe of the boys. That show was all them--and everyone knows it. Best and biggest band in the world....period.

My god, I can't wait for the tour. I will sell my kidneys if I have to ....

U2 completely kicked that shitty show's ass. I'm more excited now than when the album leaked.

Totally worth enduring SNL for, which is saying a lot. The way Bono kept emphasizing, "Saturday Night Live, live, live" was funnier than any of the sketches (which were just a bunch of gay and abortion jokes anyway).

Last edited:
Yeah... I mean, Vertigo was great, but then Sometimes came on and I was just floored. What a fucking beautiful song. The flawless falsetto chorus, and then the "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING..." wow. Just, wow. Bono looked like he could almost cry. Then I Will Follow, of course...that's gonna get tons of kids buying How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and being utterly confused when that "one cool song from SNL" isn't on there.

Folks, U2 is back. Larry has hair, Bono has MORE hair and is dry-humping girls. The world is a wonderful place right now and the reason is U2. That SNL performance just beat the shite outta every band today... there is no competition. U2 is the best band in the world. Period. End of sentence.

I'm soooo desperate for the tour now...I'll sell half of my innards if I have to.

it was incredible, absoluetely stunning. I saw "Vertigo" and thought it was alright, but Bono knocked me on the ground with "Sometimes", the band just brought it to life!!!! Then IWF was the best, the whole audience was on its feet, and the crew from SNL were like groupies, it was great. Best performance ever on SNL....U2 - the best band ever!!!!

SNL absolutely SUCKED. Man, I wish for the days from 25 years or so ago. It used to be great with the original cast.

But U2 blew them away!!! They TOTALLY took over, especially starting with Sometimes.

WE NEED ABOY!!!

I agree U2's still got it and never ever disappoint!...i love them! thanks U2 you made watching an hour an a half of stupid jokes actually worth it...lol :dance:

Such an emotional moment for me to feel the magic again, a fan of now almost 20 years, tears, kippenvel, it had it all, U2 is why I live and breathe at times, and though it seems mad, I now remember why. You are damn right we need ABOY!!

RobVox

I cannot even fathom anyone watching this and still putting U2 down. They are unstoppable. I will have this high for days.

On a side note, I listened to the new Arcade Fire, Fiery Furnaces, Futureheads, and Interpol albums today. Some really good stuff overall. I can see people giving these albums better reviews, but will they still be around in a few years and making great music? I don't know, but all I can say after hearing HTDAAB and watching them live tonight I am again reminded how special U2 are, how lucky for me that they are still a great band not f-ing up. What is left to say about a band that still has it and won't self-destruct? :shrug:

I don't think this place was this busy even when HTDAAB leaked!

I've been a U2 fan since 1987 so it takes a lot to blow me away. Tonight's performance did. Everyone who says U2 aren't good anymore and that Bono's voice has gone to crap just needs to shut it. Did anyone but me think Bono was going to give the camera a big old smooch, just like in Zoo TV? I can't believe he gave that girl a lap dance! Bono needs to be hosed down! :lol: :sexywink:

Bono's shades said:
I don't think this place was this busy even when HTDAAB leaked!

I've been a U2 fan since 1987 so it takes a lot to blow me away. Tonight's performance did. Everyone who says U2 aren't good anymore and that Bono's voice has gone to crap just needs to shut it. Did anyone but me think Bono was going to give the camera a big old smooch, just like in Zoo TV? I can't believe he gave that girl a lap dance! Bono needs to be hosed down! :lol: :sexywink:

amen to that :D yeah I was so excited when he went to the camera, thinking to myself "it's just like old times!" but instead he gave some girl a lap dance. SO much better :drool: amazing that he's almost 45 and still a total sex god.

That whole performance was just incredible. This will go down in history as one of the best if not THE best performance in SNL history. just...amazing.

Watched the whole thing...

Vertigo - Alright. Good performance.

Sometimes - Absolutely terrific. Great vocals, good music, the works.

I Will Follow - Good god..... I wonder how many U2 fans started shaking when Bono ran to the stage to do a third number!

They still have it times 2. That might've been the best musical TV performance I've seen in a long time. Count my kidneys in for the tour! :)

trevgreg said:
They still have it times 2. That might've been the best musical TV performance I've seen in a long time. Count my kidneys in for the tour! :)

Hell, I'll throw in a kidney as well. :yes:

Kidneys, spleen, lungs, - Hell! I've got several fingers and/or toes that aren't absolutely vital to my survival. I'll sell ALL OF THEM if that's what it takes to get me up close to the stage!!!!

If Lorne Michaels had any sense, he would have just given them the stage for 90 minutes and spared us the actual show.

BluRmGrl said:
Kidneys, spleen, lungs, - Hell! I've got several fingers and/or toes that aren't absolutely vital to my survival. I'll sell ALL OF THEM if that's what it takes to get me up close to the stage!!!!

:laugh: There'll be a bunch of girls with one arm, no eyes and crutches this tour sreaming for a dance!

SNL - LIVE

All I have to say is poor any other musical guest this season on SNL...there is absolutely no way they can compare with what we just saw...U2 is back and rocking hard and giving the audience what they want...good, LIVE rock n roll..one of the best tv performances I have ever seen from any band...and could be the first time in the history of SNL that they let a band play 3 songs on air...now only if we could get our hands on ABOY....

I enjoyed this a lot although I still like the Brit Awards performance for the mix of stage stuff, Bono's platform and camera antics, his meandering through the press and guests, and finally to top things off a bit of crowd surfing with the general public during UTEOTW :)

I wholeheartedly agree with others.

There was no question after IWF as to the impact U2 made on that audience. When a CAST MEMBER of SNL is BAWLING because of the performance, that about says it all.

They can still blow the roof off of any venue...they proved that again tonight for all of us who may have had any shred of doubt.

Ok...I just heard a rumor that they played ABOY, Vertigo for a second time plus one other. A total of 6 songs. Wow. From a band that was only obligated to play two.....yeah U2 is the best band ever. Period. End of story.

I want to see the video of that.

FUCK we still have another show on Monday!!!!!

AND THE ALBUM ISN'T EVEN FUCKIN' OUT YET!!!

HOLY SHIT!! U2!!!! NO ONE COMES CLOSE!!!

Zoocoustic said:
I wholeheartedly agree with others.

There was no question after IWF as to the impact U2 made on that audience. When a CAST MEMBER of SNL is BAWLING because of the performance, that about says it all.

They can still blow the roof off of any venue...they proved that again tonight for all of us who may have had any shred of doubt.

I've said it and as of late the band members themselves have said it....something happens when they play. Something, call it energy or call it God....people respond to U2's music so powerfully. I've felt it, and I'm sure many of you here have as well.

Shade said:
If Lorne Michaels had any sense, he would have just given them the stage for 90 minutes and spared us the actual show.

Hell yes! Why don't we just hijack all the stupid, nonsense programming today and broadcast U2 24/7? I'm all for that idea. No-one needs the drivel that's on air now.

There's a reason why U2 is still around after three decades and why they're still the biggest band in the world and why they're still as relevant as ever. Tonight they showed everyone what that reason is.

Back
Top Bottom