Friday Night 7pm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl33

The Fly
I have recieved this multiple times in the last 24 hours. Please pass it on .

Friday Night at 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) step outside your door and light a candle. We will show the world that
Americans are strong and united together against terrorism.

Please pass this to everyone on your e-mail list. We need to reach everyone across the United States quickly. The message: WE STAND UNITED - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE
TERRORISM!
Thank you.
We need press to cover this - we need the world to see.

I would if I had a door to step out of..
frown.gif

wtc102_full.jpg

A candlelight vigil and memorial continues early Saturday morning, Sept. 15, 2001 on New York's Union Square, not far from the site of Tuesday's terrorist attack against the World Trade Center.
wtc103_full.jpg

Candles at New York's Union Square park, surrounding a picture of firefighters raising an American flag at the site of Tuesday's terrorist attack against the World Trade Center, are pictured early Saturday morning, Sept. 15, 2001.

There were groups of young people holding up candles on our street corners until very late tonight, people blowing their horns and American flags flying proud...A very moving night.

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 09-15-2001).]

I've seen this before.I'm not in America but will go outside and light a candle all the same.It will be midnight English time.I went and got a candle today.

AMERICA

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again
with just my children and my wife,
I'd thank my lucky stars
to be living here today,
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
and they can't take that away.

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota
to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas
from sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston
and New York to L.A.,
There's pride in every American heart
and it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

Recorded By: Lee Greenwood--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States of America, is a wonderfully diverse Nation consisting of people of different races, religions, cultures and Nations who wish to live in freedom. The United States is not of one heritage or skin color. The United States is not of one religion. People from all over the world have left their countries with courage and hopes of Freedom and made the bold voyage to the United States to become a citizen of Freedom. The United States IS NOT ONE NATION. The United States is many nations combined that have come together to live freely and peacefully. We are the world. And for anyone in any part of the world to hate America, to wish it gone, to wish it bombed, to wish it destroyed and to attack it in a cowardice way is in essence to wish their own country and heritage harmed.
--God Bless, Laura-cuddlecards.com

P.S. Thanks for those awesome pix, Nicamom! Geez!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 09-15-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom