Free market research

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
You know that ANY bit of information about the new album is just going to be beaten to death on U2 fan forums - beaten, smacked, hugged, loved, twisted, turned, slobbered on and slavered over warm toast. I'm just wondering how much U2 and Principle are paying attention to places like this when the rumors and mp3s start flying. Just one little item comes out about the new album, and within the space of days, U2 fan forums have a zillion posts on it and the item has been thoroughly explored from every angle. Instant, free (slightly biased, but that's okay when you think about it) market research.

It's getting a bit late now (though I don't know how long before an album's release date it would go to be pressed), but the shit keeps hitting the fan in greater volumes. Is this some kind of marketing ploy? Dunno, but it reminds me of a whacked out 'definition' I read somewhere:

Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

This has probably been commented on before, but there's just too many posts in this forum for me anymore. Guess I just can't sort it all out.

}:)~

Ok, so what was the point? This is an online forum made to talk about and discuss things related to U2...so if a rumour floats around it gives people something to talk about other than the boom-chas :)wink: ) on the Discotheque video.

Back
Top Bottom