Forum Veterans! Sign in Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I just got thinking. I wonder how many forum veterans are left. For purposes of this post, a 'veteran' is anyone who registered in the year 2000.

Oh I'm a little mushy and nostalgic tonite. Just indulge me, okay?
biggrin.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

I guess I'am a veteran then. I cant believe it has already been a year since I started posting here. What a year it has been though!

Well i've been here for quite awhile, even though I haven't gotten past 1000 posts, I would consider myself a veteran
smile.gif
I remember when I first came here *snif* it was back when it was u2news.com...no fancy stuff...Those were the days...
Now where's me cane?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bono: now I can see we have some irish people in the house. now they may be at the top of the class but they may not be the smartest of the class...cos if they were they would do me the great favour to throw me down that rather attractive flag, there you to just throw it down here, throw it down it's ok, 700 years of opression this isn't a problem, *jamaican accent* 700 years of opression and they won't throw me down the flag....rock star gets his way, thank you very much this feels very elvis thank you, I want to tell you about this flag, when I take a flag like this out, it used to bring great sorrow I used to feel ashamed of this flag, because of some brave men and women over the last few years I take great pride of this flag now..--Bono Houston elevation

The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Monica....

Oh wait, I'm not a veteran! ooooopps!
redface.gif

biggrin.gif
I just wanted to invade this thread!
tongue.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 08-29-2001).]

I guess I'm techinically a veteran, even though I have about 0 posts.

EDIT: I don't think I even made my first post until 2001. What a weirdo I am
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Squid (edited 08-29-2001).]

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
i've been here since July 2000, but I changed comps so had to reregister as i had forgotten my original password!

What was your original screenname, BTW? Just curious...

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

I've been here longer than a good chunk of those who frequent this place. We all here have the right to whine and wax poetic about the good ole days!

Right here! I think I started visiting the forums last summer, but didn't register until ... um ... September? Well, whatever it says under my name. Yeah.

june 2000 here.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

June 2000, although I still have yet to reach 400 posts!

------------------
Nate

"Sometimes I feel like I dont' know
Sometimes I feel like checking out
I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong
And love it won't be long..."

-Ultraviolet

Well that's just super. Can we reminisce about the good ol' days now? The anticipation of the new single and album. Oh how we speculated about literally everything. And how we had a massive flame war over the title of the album. *sniff, sniff* I miss those days...

------------------
Change is the only constant

I lurked till late july, then got a different name, then changed my name to be in synch with my chat name. Im still not even at 300, but im a veteran!!

------------------
"You got to work like you don't need the money
Love like you'll never get hurt
You got to dance like nobody's watching
It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work."

I'm 15 days off from being a veteren.

I decide that I count too.

tongue.gif

I wasnt going to post in here actually cuz I'm really a nice girl, but since someone already invaded, I decided to be a copycat.

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

I'm a veteran and I've got the injuries to prove it

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Been here since August of 2000 (registered in september) and have yet to clear the 1000 post mark. I just choose my words more carefully than some.

KIDDING!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 08-29-2001).]

Oh yeah! You betcha! Just started to post a lot though!

------------------
"Jim! Put your shirt back on! You're scaring away all the chicks!"

Been here since June 2000 like Rougerum under many an assumed title, didn't post on a regular basis until under a new handle called Acrobat54321 (I was still a newbie at heart so sue me!!) in September with the new album anticipation, and changed my handle this year

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

I'm not a veteran. But I just had to drop by and say: "I miss alt.fan.u2"

That's where the true Internet geek fans gather.

I no longer have access to NNTP servers, and therefore I'm here at this blue screen, the next best thing.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Lookin for baby Jesus under the trash..."

Back
Top Bottom