Fortunate Son?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a song originally by Credence Cleerwater Revival, it's actually some what of a classic.

U2 covered it on the 'Wild Horses' cd single.

yeah i'm not a big fan of their cover... they covered fortunate son and paint it black on that cd... both are not u2's finest moments. CCR's version, the original, rocks. pearl jam covered it a few times on their latest tour... i know it's on the Sydney, Australia bootleg that is available in stores. they did a pretty good job with it... stayin' true to the original song.

yeah, I got it off of Kazaa. I dont think its THAT bad... but now that I downloaded the original, the original does sound pretty good in comparison.

On the other hand, I like the Paint it Black cover...

I've always thought that the reason I dislike the cover is because it's just such and "american" song (or maybe it's b/c it's my favorite CCR song...). It would be like John Mellencamp singing Wild Rover.....

I actually enjoy both of those covers, atleast they tried something different on them both.

The originals are definitly better though.

dropkick murphys also do a cool cover of it :D

i like the paint it black and fortunate son covers. it's interesting. i wouldn't put either of them on repeat for hours at a time, or be sure to listen to them every single day, but they're cool for what they are, which is rolling stones and CCR u2-style Zoo-era.

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh, and their cover sucks. :D

i thought i had it on mp3 but i don't...i'm sure it's pretty common to find on various mp3 downloading thingies.

Its on a few of the Pearl Jam bootlegs and is a great cover by Pearl Jam (just been listening to it on their Boston boots!). Seems a song more suited to the style of EV than Bon though.

Back
Top Bottom