for us exicted fans - for them releasin new albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Ok,,who here actually queued up at their local HMV store, Virgin store to get ATYCLB album the minute it was released.? who stood in a wind that slapped leaves in ur face?

well, wait a minute, has this actually happened????

I know it has with Oasis album, but has there been a midnight openin for a long awaited new album of U2?????????

I think Im wrong, I dont think there has been, but........anyone?

u know me..........daft eejit....
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 10-30-2001).]

Back when AB was released, I stood in line at midnight in Columbus, Oh to buy the album.

~ME 3

There was definately a midnight opening where I live for Achtung Baby, Zooropa and POP. I'am not sure about ATYCLB as I recd that a day or so ahead of time.

I don't know about ATYCLB, but I stood in a midnight line at Virgin for Pop. I got the free poster (which still sits rolled up in storage). I only really wish I bought a copy of the vinyl they were selling that night -- I would have kept it wrapped and held on to it.

I stood outside HMV in Pitt St Sydney with a few other Sydney Wirelings till midnight when they opened the doors.
WE arrived around 9 I think and went and had dinner then waited outside while a guy in a Rattle and Hum t shirt played ZOOTV boots on his stereo in the midnight quiet.
Once they opened the doors and we ran in to get our albums, yipekiayeah, Josh and I went and sat in a cafe and read the cd booklet together.

That was a fun night
smile.gif

yes betty i sniffed my album
u gotta drink her in lyrics booklet included!

Zoomer... dearie...
rolleyes.gif
Why would I do a silly thing like that?
Oh unless u mean licking? Did I lick the album?
*thinks*
*ponders*
hmmmm

I felt cool as fuck when I first heard ATYCLB. It was in a little Universal Music cover with !!!HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL!!! across it in red then in tiny writing underneath Artist: U2
Title: All That You Can't Leave Behind
I dunno, it just felt cool. It was about 3 weeks into the 30 second clip thing and I wasn't expecting to get it off this guy, and he wasn't supposed to give it to me, but anyway...

Well, i only became a true fan of U2 after achtung came out, so i dont' know if there was a release party, but i did go to a midnight release at Virgin Records for Pop and also lined up at midnight for ATYCLB with none other than Michael Griffiths, yes, we are different people if you were still in the dark about that one.. hehe
biggrin.gif

hmm, that reminds me, i got a free poster at the ATYCLB release, now where the hell did i put that!!!

*runs around room frantically*
biggrin.gif

I went to Best Buy late in the afternoon and picked up 1 of the well over 3 dozen limited editions available. A non-fuss day.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

LOL! We are some crazy buggers!

I, too, queued with the other North Florida U2 fans on this day in 2000 - along with OutKast and Jay-Z fans as well
wink.gif

It was a wacky midnight sale to say the least, but they had enough to go around, and the end result? Buying 4 ATYCLB (to pass around) and 4 PJ Harvey "Stories from the City."

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

Back
Top Bottom