For those who missed it: Elevation DVD tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

I posted this yesterday, but with the server-transfer the post (and the replies) got lost. So here is the message for all those who missed it the first time: the tracklistings for the Walk On singles (released on 5 November in Europe) and the Elevation DVD (released 19 November in Europe). Sorry, I don't know anything about release dates in other parts of the world.

Walk On:
CD 1
1. "Walk On" - Live From Boston
2. "Where The Streets Have No Name" - Live from Boston
3. "Stay" - Live From Toronto

CD 2 (enhanced)
1. "Walk On" - Nigel Godrich Mix
2. "Stuck In A Moment" - Acoustic Version
3. "Stuck In A Moment" - New US Video

DVD Single
2. 4x30 Seconds Video Clips takem >from Live/Boston longform DVD
3. "Walk On" - Live From Boston Video

CD 2-Track
2. "Stuck In A Moment" - Acoustic Version

------------------

"Elevation 2001: U2 Live in Boston" double DVD:

DVD 1
- Elevation Tour 2001 live from Boston:
1. ELEVATION
2. BEAUTIFUL DAY
3. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
4. STUCK IN A MOMENT YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF
5. KITE
6. GONE
7. NEW YORK
8. I WILL FOLLOW
9. SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY
10. IN A LITTLE WHILE
11. DESIRE
12. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)
13. BAD
14. WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME
15. BULLET THE BLUE SKY
16. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
17. THE FLY
18. WAKE UP DEAD MAN
19. WALK ON
- THE MAKING OF THE FILMING OF...

DVD 2
- ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE - a different look at the night's proceedings.
Compare
and contrast the view from Puntercam and Directorcam.
- ROAD MOVIE - A compressed look at the staging of a rock and roll concert
from empty arena to empty arena.
- ADDITIONAL TRACKS
1. Beautiful Day, Dublin, September 2000
2. Elevation, from Miami, 1st show souvenir, March 2001
3. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Hanover Quay, Dublin and
France,
July 2000
- TRAILERS
1. Zoo TV Live From Sydney
2. PopMart Live From Mexico City
- WEB LINKS
- DVD ROM SCREENSAVERS
- DVD CREDITS

The VHS version will only contain the Boston concert.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

BTW , what is your favourite football team ( i mean real REAL football , not American
wink.gif

??

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
BTW , what is your favourite football team ( i mean real REAL football , not American
wink.gif

??

Feyenoord Rotterdam, why? (Yep, they played a 2-2 draw last week against Spartak Moscow)

Marty

------------------

I heard , you have some real hot fans , remember celebration of winning the national championship ? , it was on all tv channels!!
biggrin.gif

Spartak will go to the next round cause or atleast UEFA cup , this team is extremely lucky with english and holland teams
Korneev Ole !
wink.gif

Spartak will go to the next round cause or atleast UEFA cup , this team is extremely lucky with english and holland teams
Korneev Ole !
wink.gif

Unfortunately, this is true
frown.gif
4-0 what a terrible game (for me at least, congrats to all the Czechs). Van Gobbel is an asshole (for getting red)
mad.gif

------------------

In Spartak - bayern Munich the total number of goals is the same , but the score .. 1:3
F'';';k ! Now Feyenoord and spartak : a fight only for the third place
frown.gif

insert rant of how stupid it is to not include MW, One, and Pride no matter what anyone says. grr. i can live without Pride, but mw and one??? BLAH!

I wonder why they chose not to include the performance in its entirety?

Anyone have any guesses?

Popmart Mexico included the entire show. ZOO TV live in Syndey ommitted "Tryin' to throw your arms around the world" (probably for timing).

So Why cut "one", "Pride" and "Mysterious Ways"?

I like the "pull back" on the screens at the end of "Pride".....I thought it would look really cool on the video!

Mysterious Ways - i think how band is playing it now , it is the weakest form of this song , even POPMART version is better .
One and Pride - probably out of time

But , i still don't understand why these songs were removed , great effects , and great tunes
frown.gif

As for the exclusion of those three songs, I think it may also have to do with the reaction of a part of the Boston audience who felt 'cheated'. I think their actions (sitting down, not cheering, turning their backs to the band and making a big hole in the heart) are partly responsible for not including the songs. It may be that U2 doesn't have good footage of those songs and so has decided they rather leave them out than including a bad song.

C ya!

Marty

------------------

Mysterious Ways - i think how band is playing it now , it is the weakest form of this song , even POPMART version is better .

I totally disagree. I think this version kicks ass - it definitely rocked at the Calgary show, and got one of the strongest crowd responses.

Originally posted by Popmartijn:
As for the exclusion of those three songs, I think it may also have to do with the reaction of a part of the Boston audience who felt 'cheated'. I think their actions (sitting down, not cheering, turning their backs to the band and making a big hole in the heart) are partly responsible for not including the songs. It may be that U2 doesn't have good footage of those songs and so has decided they rather leave them out than including a bad song.

C ya!

Marty

Iit didn't affect these songs at all. It only happened during beautiful day and elevation. Also, it only happened on the second night, and u2 is using footage from the 1st 2 nights for the dvd. I see this as a slap in the face to everyone who said it was a greatest hits tour.

Originally posted by curehp:
Iit didn't affect these songs at all. It only happened during beautiful day and elevation. Also, it only happened on the second night, and u2 is using footage from the 1st 2 nights for the dvd. I see this as a slap in the face to everyone who said it was a greatest hits tour.

I think I heard a couple of months ago that footage of One was indeed affected by the actions of 'fans' during the second concert, but also that they probably didn't have good footage from the 1st concert either. This is what I heard though...
confused.gif

Anyway, I can live with the omissions (although I always prefer a full concert, if it ain't gonna happen, it ain't gonna happen)

C ya!

Marty

------------------

Originally posted by Diemen:
I totally disagree. I think this version kicks ass - it definitely rocked at the Calgary show, and got one of the strongest crowd responses.
I have about 10 elevation boots , only on 3 of them MW is a very good song , on the others : Edge's guitar solo is not so perfect , bono's voice ..... ZOO version is mmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better

Originally posted by Diemen:
I have about 10 elevation boots , only on 3 of them MW is a very good song , on the others : Edge's guitar solo is not so perfect , bono's voice ..... ZOO version is mmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better

Ivan -How many Bos#4s do you have?Which ones?
Does anybody know more about The Walk On DVD rec at Bos seperate from the concert w 4x30 sec (ect) clips?
DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PRODUCERS AND OR DISTRIBUTORS OF THIS PERHAPS?- Names? Ph#s? DB9- HELP!

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-26-2001).]

Maybe the ZooTV version is much better, but I wouldn't say the same of the PopMart version.

And I'm still pissed off with those people who staged that sit down in the heart at Boston 2. So they didn't get to be right at the front of the heart. Big - Fucking - Deal. They still got in, didn't they? I can understand being a little upset that people got to cut ahead, but sitting down at the concert and crying? Give me a fecking break and grow up, you crybabies. And I remember reading that several of those fans had already been to numerous shows, including one who had been to something like 17 at that point. If you've been to that many shows, you're in no position to stage a sit down protest simply because you got gyped out of first dibs on the heart at one measly show.

They could've handled it 2 ways. They could've been a little pissed off but shrugged it off and went in with the intention of enjoying the show, since they were only going to be about 5 feet further back because of it, or they could've felt sorry for themselves, acted like little kids who'd ice cream had fallen out of the cone, and sat down and thrown a tantrum. Look what they chose to do...
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 09-26-2001).]

Mysterious Ways the song of this tour , where most often the band was pretty f--ed up , playing badly , or something else was wrong
These people waited from 11pm - 6pm , and what they got for this sacrifice ?? Slap in the face , and i completely understand them
U2 did a wrong thing , a real bad thing to do
frown.gif

Yeah, it was wrong for U2 to do that, but a sit-down protest was way out of line. How drastically were these fans affected? So they didn't get to be right up against the stage, but were 5 feet back instead. Oh, the humanity...
rolleyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom