For those that have listened to The Salome Outtakes a question for you all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Out of the stuff on there that was experimented but never released does anything stick out as 1 they should have worked with ?

for me its always gonna be She's Gonna Blow Your House Down.....the guitar bit reminded me a little of Exit

Salome was ok as a b-side but it just doesnt have as much energy!

I agree, its the one outtake (along with the other versions of it with Wake Up Dead Man as the chorus) that I thought would turn up eventually. Who knows, it may still happen. U2 saves alot of stuff for future album projects. Thats why we get so few B sides even though they complete roughly 25 songs for each album. Then again, maybe U2 themselves didnt like it much. I doubdt that though as they were obviously working on several takes of it during the sessions.

The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point? That's one I'm glad they went with the version on Achtung Baby. For me anyway, the thing I dislike about those Outtakes is that I have trouble trying to figure out what words Bono's even saying. And on some the sound quality is less than good. I've never heard She's Gonna Blow Your House Down. I've only downloaded about five or six of the tracks off of that. I wish I had the real CD or cassette or whatever medium it's on.

UVMan said:
The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point?

:eyebrow: :ohmy: :huh:

I haven't laughed like this in a long time. Thanks UVMan, that was good.

Uh, no he does not say that to the best of my hearing ability. He mumbles through most of the chorus part I must say on the outtakes.

stagman said:
Where Did It All Go Wrong has some amazing guitar on it... as good as Take You Down and better than She's gonna Blow

I love WDIAGW! I thik it could have been on AB or Zooropa. They should have made a record with those songs like WDIAGW, HMTMKMKM, Heaven And Hell, Salome.... that would have been a great record in my opinion.

Take Today.

Although it was used for North and South of the River, it could have been so much more. It was grand, and that instrumental on the Salome outtakes could have been developed into a U2 classic

Take You Down always stuck out (though, of course, we got Lady With The Spinning Head as the result). But other than that, I guess She's Gonna Blow Your House Down would be the king of this topic. And everything else that was pretty good (I Feel Free, Acrobat, etc.) did get on the album with some work.

Although, there's some tracks that gets my attention, now that I think about it. Some of the 'dreamier' stuff could've been interesting, though they're names are passing me by right now...

UVMan said:
The alternate (or maybe original?) version of "Acrobat" is a little weird. Does Bono say "Don't let the Jews get you down" at one point?.

Honestly that is funny i've been reluctant to ever mention this but for the last 13 years i have thought he sings this, well i havent thought it because he obviously wouldnt sing this, but it's all i can hear...... any ideas on what else it is, or is it just bongolese????

Fantastic version btw!!!!

Take Today could have been the best U2 song ever. Already, that outtake is in my top 10 U2 songs of all time, and its a demo. This song could have been soooo much more, it's such a shame. Same goes with Heaven and Hell.

AussieU2fanman said:
Take Today could have been the best U2 song ever. Already, that outtake is in my top 10 U2 songs of all time, and its a demo. This song could have been soooo much more, it's such a shame. Same goes with Heaven and Hell.

heaven and hell is in my top 5 and has been for a long time, the demo of acrobat floors me everytime, have you ever listened to this really LOUD!!!!! Wow!!! some people may think that it is pretentious to have a demo in your top 5 but i really really love this song very deeply.

HEaven and Hell!!

Everytime they come out with a new album I hope that some surviving piece of this song will have been turned into a finished project.

Back
Top Bottom