for shits and giggles: trl progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first of all...will this work? does kevs machine actually do the trick?

only one way to really find out, and thats to watch the show.

i hope im wrong, but i honestly think that if we get enough votes, trl wont play the video anyway...something just tell me they wont play it.

so, all you kids out there with mtv, let us know what happens. or face excruciating penis-pinching techniques.

------------------
-deathbear

I actually set my VCR to tape it today. me is a big dork. but who knows? one record company was giving away free trips to fans that voted for the Puddle of Mudd video [with the eloquent line "I love the way you look at me, I love the way you smack my ass"] so we're just leveling the playing field now.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Fries, not egg salad.

------------------
Bears are people too.

Ok, so what happened on TRL? Did we make it all?

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

no. we hath failed.
frown.gif
trl remains impermeable to real music.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

Originally posted by madonna's child:
no. we hath failed.
frown.gif
trl remains impermeable to real music.

frown.gif
Awww, man that sucks major...MAJOR ass! We weren't even a close call?
frown.gif
DAMN MTV TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

For number two Carson said: "Well we got a huge surprise for you all... This was completely unexpected. I can't believe it, but I guess this is good news..." and by this point I was basically jumping out of my chair, "...for Mandy Moore fans, cause her video Crush is at number 2!" {insert vomit noises}

How many people ran the AutoVoter? We should've had around 50 or so. Hmm, well, let's wait to see Kev's diagnostic on the situation.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by mug222:
For number two Carson said: "Well we got a huge surprise for you all... This was completely unexpected. I can't believe it, but I guess this is good news..." and by this point I was basically jumping out of my chair, "...for Mandy Moore fans, cause her video Crush is at number 2!" {insert vomit noises}

i know, mugg. it was horrible. i heard him say that and i nearly fell off my couch, cause i had turned my vcr off around video 5. then i turned out to be mandy moore. ick. i used the autovoter twice and accumulated about 600 votes each time.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i know, mugg. it was horrible. i heard him say that and i nearly fell off my couch, cause i had turned my vcr off around video 5. then i turned out to be mandy moore. ick. i used the autovoter twice and accumulated about 600 votes each time.

I left the thing running when I was home and when I came back it have over 7,000!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Damn it!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

i wouldnt give up... to be honest, if we did this with stuck when stuck comes out, we should be ok... on my screen i cant even vote for elevation as one of the picks up to now. why dont we wait for stuck to be on the list and then try with that song??

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by mug222:

My VCR's tape ran out at the point where Carson said "We have a big surprise for you all...." and I came running here to see what happened. Maybe we should move to Stuck and get beat the hell out of mtv.com until we get it on. Also, I think they might weigh the votes with phone calls so some of us may need to make those throughout the day or the night before or something. Argh! and there was that close call video that I had never heard of. What the......?

------------------

I had close to 20,000 votes on mine.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

so are wer going to try this again tomorrow?

------------------

i also had about 20,000 votes. If 20 of us did that thats 400,000 votes. I think thats enough!!!

How many fucking kids can vote for mandy moore!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Alright, so Thursday's TRL is two hours long as a preview for the Video Awards. So.....starting at 5pm EST today turn the thing on and let it run all night. People it won't be that hard. If we still can't get the video on, it will just prove that TRL is a conspiracy.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom