For CHRIST'S SAKE..J.CHRIST ROCKS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
...this cover is just damn fine! And is placed neatly at no.15 in my fave. U2 tracks.

No more knockin' - this thread's for ROCKIN'!!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Ah, I can see that on the side of a panel van!

to be honest, i've never liked it. it makes me think i'm back in music class at catholic grade school.

I think it`s kinda wierd:eyebrow: But it is so incredible funny, so it`s not a bad song... But it annoys the hell out of me!

halle!!.... hallelujah...!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! :crazy:

Great song! Full of energy and great singing and drumming!!! :drool: The whole band feels really confortable. I particularly like hearing Larry counting and then hiting the drums hard. Jesus Christ Rocks! :rockon:

TheBrazilianFly said:
Great song! Full of energy and great singing and drumming!!! :drool: The whole band feels really confortable. I particularly like hearing Larry counting and then hiting the drums hard. Jesus Christ Rocks! :rockon:

"1,2,3,4"!!!

"HALLE......HALLE-LUJAH!"....:rockon:

"ONETWOTHREEFOUR"

"Hey, ho...LET'S GO."

"I mean, HALLE--HALLELUJAH!"

Here's an MP3 of Woody Guthrie singing it, by the way:

http://s14.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=22VNXVFTJOR270P23FSPGKD16S

I'm pretty sure it's in the public domain by now, so I think this is actually legal to share (imagine that). This isn't the only version of it he recorded, but they all sound more or less the same.

U2 changed the original chorus ("Jesus was a man, a carpenter by hand...") to the "HALLELUJAHS" that kick so much ass. And as much as I love Woody, the original is sorely missing one Larry Mullen, Jr., and will always be vastly inferior as a result. Man, the Sun sessions rocked.

HALLE--HALLELUJAH
HALLE--HALLELUJAH
HALLE--HALLELUJAH
THEY WOULD LAY JESUS CHRIST IN HIS GRAVE

HALLE--HALLELUJAH
HALLE--HALLELUJAH
HALLE--HALLELUJAH
THEY WOULD LAY JESUS CHRIST IN HIS GRAVE

Last edited:
Hey Typhoon - cheers for that! This sounds totally different from how I expected it! It's nice to hear the original - thanks again!

...but U2's ROCKS MORE!!!:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom