For Brits attn only: U2 Boston Live to be shown on BBC1.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hey!

Dunno if you need to know this but I found out that there will be an hour and a half long showing of U2 Live in Boston on BBC1 on 29th December at 11.45pm.....

But for me, Im partially Deaf, its great news cos it will be shown with subtitles! Wahey!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Why, you ask? Well, put simply its because the DVD I bought does not have subtitles to my utter dismay....Actually I wasnt the only one to complain about this.... have a wee look at this report from www.atu2.com :

Column: off the record..., vol. 1-14
@U2, December 02, 2001

Matt McGee

When you think about things that are missing from the Boston DVD, your first thought is probably songs like "One", "Pride", and "Mysterious Ways." But there's another thing missing that no one seems to have mentioned, and it bothers me a lot more than three missing songs: subtitles.

I confess: I wouldn't even know or care about the missing subtitles if not for an email I got earlier in the week from a fan named Brian. Brian is hard of hearing. He saw two Elevation concerts in person -- Buffalo and Hamilton. When people with hearing difficulties attend shows, they can use ALDs, or Assisted Listening Devices, to hear the concert. ALDs give fans like Brian the same chance to enjoy the show that you and I have. He was also able to have a sign language interpreter during the Buffalo show. (But not Hamilton, because the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't apply outside the U.S.) Brian went out and bought a copy of the DVD on the assumption that it would have subtitles or captions so he could know what Bono was saying and hear the show. He assumed wrong.

I'm no expert on this topic, so I asked Brian if this was unusual for a DVD to be released without subtitles. He tells me that about 90-95% of new DVD releases have subtitles, and he thinks the Boston DVD is the first one he's bought or rented that doesn't have them. Even the Rattle and Hum DVD -- which has next to nothing in terms of extra features -- has subtitles. It just doesn't make sense, and worse -- it just doesn't seem right. Brian, and all the fans like him, deserve the same chance to enjoy this DVD as you and I do."

hmmmm makes me wonder if you know of any similar fans like myself who has the same problem?

Anyway Im definitely setting my video to record the showing on BBC! Cant wait!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYSUS!!!!!! JAYSUS!!!!!

MAMA GAVE BIRTH TO A BIG BALL AND IT ROLLED ALL OVER THE CUSTARD SHELTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

MADDDDDDDDIIEEEEEE!!!!!! (((((((((((hugs mad1)))))))))))))))))))))))))

are ye still a fecking mad eejit?!?!?!?
biggrin.gif

knew you would post here.....

so still thinking of that Jimmy? Bet you had a real fantasy of being all over him....heh heh!
biggrin.gif

Did you hear that theres gonna be a gathering of U2 fans next July in Dublin? Im up for that trip to meet fellow U2 fans so it should be good fun.... how about you? would you go? Yeah you would wouldnt ya, ya mad eejit!?!?!? lol!
wink.gif

dougal

Hoping to find it in my Stocking on xmas morning, but that is still goodly news. Nothing like spreading the word.

Originally posted by mad1:
A huge meeting up?

Oh......who all will be there?

Ya all gonna rent one room at the Clarence out????

wink.gif

how cool...............
biggrin.gif

Well, not that huge but numbers are rising at the moment.

Rent out one room at the Clarence for all of us? lmao! I wish we can all squeeze in!
smile.gif

Who will be there? just me and you (if possible).....
wink.gif

just kidding!......

actually, there will be some people from all over Europe and some from USA and Canada...so it'll be quite an international gathering coming over just to sample the great city.... and Guinness, of course!
biggrin.gif

dougal

Aww excellent, thats wonderful news to hear.......esp those first time visitin, u lot will have a BAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!

IF any of u do decide to travel up to Ulster, stick to the Crown Bar in Belfast, famous and ancient!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Aww excellent, thats wonderful news to hear.......esp those first time visitin, u lot will have a BAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!

IF any of u do decide to travel up to Ulster, stick to the Crown Bar in Belfast, famous and ancient!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Maddie....

Actually I might pop over to Belfast with a friend after the New Year so might see you at The Crown!
biggrin.gif

*tries to imagine the scene of that first meeting*

*puts on earplugs and enters the pub where he promptly hears Mad1 scream* "DOUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL YE FEEECKKKING EEEEEEEEJJJITTTT!!!!!" lol!

dougal

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow. I should be getting it for Christmas but it's just great that British Tv is actually putting something to do with U2 on that is more than a few minutes video clip on TOTP although music express was on about 4 months ago anyway YAY!!!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom