For anyone - 'exclusive' Bono talks to The Sun........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Here ya go....... http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2001561704,00.html

and be sure to check, if yas can, back on the same site tomorrow, in 'Life' section, apparantly theres more to come..........

smile.gif

Thanks Maddie, good article..

Bono says" I slept beside my father with the sound of the audience ringing in my ears during his dying days."

0,,2001560952,00.gif

?Being a cyberdad doesn?t suit me. I get pictures of the kids over the internet and I?m looking at them on my computer, thinking how sad is this.

?I?m looking at pictures and I want to see them now and cuddle them ? and I can?t."
frown.gif

The tour has only just finished but already the band are thinking about playing again next year and are even in the studio working on tracks for a follow-up to the global hit album All That You Can?t Leave Behind.

Bono says: ?There?s a side of me that likes to run amok and I?ll have a wild and messy Christmas with my family and friends. But we have work to do.

?This band is on fire right now and we want to capture the power of this tour in some songs.

Woo Hooooooo!!!!!! OZ here they come?

Mad1

Thanks for the link, Maddie!

I know what Bono is going through....my own Dad died over 3 years ago.....Like Bono, I had to get on with my life despite what happened but my Dad will never be forgotten.....

It must have been real hard for Bono to have fought his own feelings every night at concert and then fly over to be with his Da. That was incredibly brave *applause*

Changing the subject.....So the recording of a new album/songs is gonna happen....alright! woo hoo! Cant wait to hear more about that!

Rock on U2 the "greatest rock n roll band in the world"!!!!!

dougal

Originally posted by dougal55:

I know what Bono is going through....my own Dad died over 3 years ago.....Like Bono, I had to get on with my life despite what happened but my Dad will never be forgotten.....

frown.gif
I was there the night his Dad died. I know all about it too Chris.
Hugs to u matey xx

aww sorry to hear that Douggie....I lost my dad too, back in 94...but was never that close to him, so dont miss him as much (sounds bad I know but I really never was).......however some shots of Bono upset me a little as they look similar to my dad...................in fact when my dad was younger he looked like George Harrison did in his 20s with the long beard and hair, all dark.............very handsome
smile.gif

if I lost my mum tomorrow I'd be lost, really lost...............

frown.gif

yea, heres hoping the band hit Belfast!!!!!!

and that I KNOW about it!!!!!

(if so) dont go to the Odyssey boys, the acoustics would be shit..........pick Botanic again.
wink.gif

Maddie-that was one beautiful article. Thanks for posting that!

AW-Eli thinks his Dad works on a plane and when a plane goes over he says 'there's Daddy'.
smile.gif

He just wants to get home and cuddle them-AW!!! And what he says about becoming like Michael Hutchence if he didn't have Ali and the kids-wow.

maddie

thanks for your thoughts.....

yeah heres hoping that U2 would go to Belfast again..... If that happens then maybe I can accompany you, you mad fecking eejit!
biggrin.gif
We'd make a mad fecking couple! lol!

dougal

Hmmm-I think Maddie and Dougal are the new Interference lovebirds.
wink.gif

What are you waiting for Maddie???
wink.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Gina

Me thinks Maddie is too shy to ask me out!
biggrin.gif

Is that right maddie?

Hey Maddie, are ye fecking mad? marry a ball? LOL! Thats gonna be interesting to watch in a church....imagine the scene if you will....vicar: "Salome's ball, will you take Maddie to be your lawful wife, to cherish, to care for, to worship, blah blah" that would be hilarious as the ball cant speak so had to swing to "nod" for "I do"!!!!

Besides, Im much more interesting than Salome's ball (I sure hope so! lol!) so wanna meet up?

dougal

Come on Maddie-go for it!!!

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by dougal55:
Besides, Im much more interesting than Salome's ball (I sure hope so! lol!)
have you ever really looked at my ball???

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I liked the article but one thing in there is incorrect..The author said that John Abraham was one..he's not even one yet more like 7months isn't he?

Anyone correct me if I am wrong on this..

Peace.

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

I really feel like an ass not saying how much I like this article before

so there
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

That was a great article!! Thanks Maddie!
smile.gif

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever:
I liked the article but one thing in there is incorrect..The author said that John Abraham was one..he's not even one yet more like 7months isn't he?

John was born in May, so he's about 7 months old. The writer probably just wanted to round up.

Thanks for posting the article, maddie! I really enjoyed it.
smile.gif

Well I hope that this article is true. I would like to see them again, especialy with the new songs. BUT - it's SUN, and I just don't believe everything that the sun publishes.
Anyone from the UK here? How credible the sun is?

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

That part about Eli and the planes is very cute and also very sad.
frown.gif
It kinda makes you feel selfish when you think about how much you want U2 to keep touring and make a new album and such when they have families at home that they miss.

I don't know about all of you, but Bono's dad dying has really made me think lately. I think about the fact that both of his parents are dead. I'm 19, and I still live with my parents. I have never really thought too much about them dying. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I don't know what I'd do. It's a scary feeling.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom