Fly Shades Reviews -- Post Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is it just me or is that Bvlgari site the most ridiculous thing ever?
i think i've developed a tick afterter look looking at that that si site
eek.gif

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
Got mine today too! Wow! they are big! lol just what I want though, the way it blocks out the sun all around the line of vision! Problem with me is I'm a small guy with receding hairline so I look more like a swatted fly rather then cool! lol May have to go to a support group or have counselling to wear these out in public! Do you find they take on a more bugeye look when you put them on rather then when you look at them in you hands? lol

lol--but a swatted fly with cool fly shades.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
is it just me or is that Bvlgari site the most ridiculous thing ever?
i think i've developed a tick afterter look looking at that that si site
eek.gif

OMG WTF was that?
I couldnt even look at the bono pic-I had to leave.
Blechgari

Just a quick note about the possibility of Bono having custom-made shades, not sold to the public: After one of the Anaheim shows in April, I was waiting for Bono to come out after the show. Eventually he did -- at 1:45 AM -- there weren't many people around by this point. Anyway, he signed for everyone (sometimes multiple times), and people were asking him questions as he signed. So, the girl next to me asked him, "Bono, what brand are your sunglasses?" Bono's reply: "[3 second pause] ehm...Bono brand." So maybe they are custom?

Originally posted by odonnela:
So, the girl next to me asked him, "Bono, what brand are your sunglasses?" Bono's reply: "[3 second pause] ehm...Bono brand." So maybe they are custom?

Maybe he forgot and was too embarrassed to admit it. *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Yep, he often has custom shades. But within an existing model. For example he had a lot of BLACKFLYS NO. 5 shades. They were really custom made for him. The normal black one had a gold B letter on the right side of the shades. He has this type with transparent lenses (pictures during Dropt the Dept campign w/K. Annan) and one with transparent frame (Q mag, making of Beautiful Day) And He had custom made Bvlagri shades with purple colour at the beginning of the Elevation tour.

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

http://limelight.pcdome.hu

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
yeah right on! the swatted fly look is in! its the new cool! Thanks joyfulgirl, I feel better for that! lol

I'm afraid I spoke too soon. I got mine yesterday and I'm afraid we both need a support group in order to be seen in public with these things! They are humongous and kind of silly, although a friend who knows nothing about anything called "fly shades" said, "They're very bug-like, aren't they?"

Frankly, I think they're kind of cheesy-looking, although priceless in the kitsch department. I think I'll use mine as a display item, and perhaps wear them on long road trips when the sun is shining directly in my eyes and there's no one around in sight who knows me.

See you at the next meeting of the Swatted Flies.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-15-2002).]

Or there again,if you walk through your town with them on and no one recognises you, they make think you are someone famous! lol. I think we should meet on a sugar mountain or dog turd to discuss this!I'm sure there will be a few million other flies there too! lol

Apparently I missed the point somewhere
frown.gif
I have tried a couple of times to order them and each time I press the button for "visa" and i never get to enter a number, it just skip sover it or something.

I don't know what the prob is. Help. Me. Please

Got mine this morning...

I'm kinda disappointed, to tell you the truth.

They're WAY HUMUNGUS, a bit too light of shades, and they don't fold.

IMO, the plastic looks kinda cheap.

Might I add, it kinda looks like a cheap costume toy?!

All that for $30?

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 02-18-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom