Fishing for U2 fans...in everyday life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also look out for u2 fans...i actually met one of my closest friends because a girl in the line next to me at uni spilled her bag and when i helped her pick up her things i saw she had a popmart keyring on her keys im like 'U2?!?!?! YOU LIKE u2?!?' she starts squealing 'omg yeeeeeees!' and it just snowballed from there. Now we dont see each other much as we live in different cities, but we send u2 lyrics to each other to say how we feel hahaha

but i have programmed my other friends to if they hear anything tht is remotely u2 they'll go 'amy!!! u2!!!' and if they hear anything about them they'll call or msg me. I have 11 msgs and 14 missed calls when u2 postponed their trip....

i obviously show my love for u2 :wink: :wink: :wink:

dazzlingamy said:
I also look out for u2 fans...i actually met one of my closest friends because a girl in the line next to me at uni spilled her bag and when i helped her pick up her things i saw she had a popmart keyring on her keys im like 'U2?!?!?! YOU LIKE u2?!?' she starts squealing 'omg yeeeeeees!' and it just snowballed from there. Now we dont see each other much as we live in different cities, but we send u2 lyrics to each other to say how we feel hahaha
It's got to be so awesome to randomly find a U2 fan somewhere like that. I've yet to have such an experience, but I had a similar one for one of my other big obsessions, the movie Moulin Rouge.
I girl I knew (but not well) and I were standing around together waiting for some other people. She had a CD player in her hands, so I asked her what she was listening to. She said "The soundtrack for the movie Moulin Rouge." I went "Oh my god! That's my favourite movie!" She squealed and said "Mine too!" and then we both squealed and hugged like idiots. And a third girl nearby rolled her eyes at us and called us freaks.
If only I could have such an experience with U2. So far the only people I can find that even like U2 are women more than twice my age who think "Bow-no is so hawt".

Re: Re: Fishing for U2 fans...in everyday life

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

My most effective method of fishing for fellow fans is wearing my rather obscure, old school, UABRS t-shirt seen here. That way, I get responses from fans who recognize the picture and know the older songs, instead of people who only be able to point out U2 if I was wearing a huge "U2" or a giant Bono-face on my shirt.

hm, i perfected the obscure method to wearing an 'Artane Boys Band' T-shirt.... so no-one ever recognizes it! :reject:

dazzlingamy said:

but i have programmed my other friends to if they hear anything tht is remotely u2 they'll go 'amy!!! u2!!!' and if they hear anything about them they'll call or msg me. I have 11 msgs and 14 missed calls when u2 postponed their trip....

i obviously show my love for u2 :wink: :wink: :wink:

That first part is amazing! I wish that happened to me! :lol:

And the second part, my friends and family do that too. A while ago, my friend was like "Hey Tracy! Guess who was on Time magazine?!" And I said, "Err...Bono, duh!" My friend says, "Oh darn, you already knew..." But it's nice to know that they're thinking of me and my obsession. :cute: :lmao:

hahah i can identify with so many of this...

in math class today, our teacher was teaching us about derivatives or something, I'm not sure, the ACHTUNG in my CD player is very distracting. Anyways, he writes some equation on the board...

f(x)= (2x+1) ^2
f'(x)= ???

so...he teaches us this shortcut thingy

let (2x+1)= u

f(x)= u2-----that's when I started laughing
f'(x)= 2u= 4(2x+1)

hey hey hey, i actually understand this...posting on Interference has helped my math skills...haha

I don't drop subtle references. If I talk to anyone for any significant amount of time I just come out and tell them. :laugh: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom