First dance song at a wedding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divegirl

Babyface
WWU2FD? (What would a U2 fan do?)

I'm new to this forum, and haven't paid the dough so I can't use the search function. This has probably been discussed before, but my question to loyal U2 fans is this: if you were getting married, and had to use a U2 song at your first dance, what song would you choose?

I was thinking about "One" but the whole "I can't live with you" bit is probably not appropriate. I love U2's newer stuff, so possibly something from post-90s would do the trick. I'm simply curious. Thanks!!

Probably All I Want Is You would be most appropriate for a wedding.
I think i remember reading someone saying they played Beautiful Day at theirs.

I had Stand By Me from Dancing Zoo TV - Sounded great -

(I edited the bit out about Sellafield at the start and the 'good night' half way through)

Ellay said:
I had Stand By Me from Dancing Zoo TV - Sounded great -

(I edited the bit out about Sellafield at the start and the 'good night' half way through)
Hey I have that bootleg - live from Stockholm! An excellent CD! I've listened to it about 200 times. :D Good suggestion! But doesn't that song bi-sect the two CDs in that compilation? Ah, computers...aren't they great these days? You can do stuff like edit songs...!

All I want is you is a good, obvious choice. Thanks gals!

Hawkmoon 269...good choice as well. Thanks!

This is now off topic, but I was listening to the song Miracle Drug the other day, and man that song is good. That song is going to sound so good live!! What is the meaning of it?

LOL Bono will give a 5-10 minute speach on Miracle Drug, don't worry.

It's actually got a very straight forward meaning (that we as the human race have the capability to create a "Miracle Drug" if we choose: Of science and the human heart/there is no limit/there is no failure here sweetheart/just when you quit) that at least for me got even deeper upon hearing it live.

They also do a cover of Can't Help Falling in Love which is gorgeous. That and Unchained Melody are my two favorite covers they've done.

annie_vox said:
I agree with All Because Of You.
You can't agree with ABOY, 'cause no-one has named it yet. :lol:

I would certainly look at the meaning of the lyrics before choosing a song. You wouldn't want to have a song played at your wedding, to later find out it's about breaking up... :no:

Or as Bono said:
'It amazes me when people tell me they played One at their wedding or for comfort at a funeral. I go to myself, "Are you crazy? It's about breaking up." '

I always thought Drowning Man would be the best song at a wedding--I'll Cross the Sky for Your Love--For I have promised--you all know the words. Beautiful.

WalkOn21 said:

You can't agree with ABOY, 'cause no-one has named it yet. :lol:

I would certainly look at the meaning of the lyrics before choosing a song. You wouldn't want to have a song played at your wedding, to later find out it's about breaking up... :no:

Or as Bono said:
'It amazes me when people tell me they played One at their wedding or for comfort at a funeral. I go to myself, "Are you crazy? It's about breaking up." '

Ha. Sting said the same sort of thing about people who played "Every Breath You Take" at weddings. Sometimes people think a song sounds nice but don't really pay attention to the words!

unoscatorce said:

Ha. Sting said the same sort of thing about people who played "Every Breath You Take" at weddings. Sometimes people think a song sounds nice but don't really pay attention to the words!

Yeah I was quite surprised to find out that song was in fact about a stalker :lol:. Here I was thinking how beautiful the song is than I hear that! lol. Oh and another great wedding song would be the U2's triple peaks remix of "Can't Help Falling In Love" . Heard it for the first time today and omg how beautiful is it?! lol. Oh and OOTS is a great choice too love that song :).

divegirl said:

Hey I have that bootleg - live from Stockholm! An excellent CD! I've listened to it about 200 times. :D Good suggestion! But doesn't that song bi-sect the two CDs in that compilation? Ah, computers...aren't they great these days? You can do stuff like edit songs...!

Not on my version it doesn't, must be a different pressing..

Great bootleg - one of my faves.

youtwohearts said:
walked down the aisle to Miss Saravejo.
nice!! =)

Unchained Melody is THE best cover EVER hands down. i looooove it. it's got such a lovely feel to it. really makes you warm and tingly inside ;] hhahha

The first time

"I have a lover
a lover like no other...
[...]
shows me colours where there's none to see
gives me hope when I can't believe"

Lovely, don't you think?

I agree with Drowning Man that song is absolutely beautiful...

Other Choices

All I Want Is You
When Stars Go Blue

Back
Top Bottom