First Dance Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummerboy

The Fly
Hi all... Been a long while since I've been around. Sorry 'bout that..... anyways - I'm getting married in May, and my finace and I are trying to find the perfect U2 song for our first dance. Any suggestions?

congrats!!! my fiance and i are getting married in august and so far our first dance song is "all i want is you". but then again we also have to consider the fact that they are coming out with a new album soon and there may be a song on there.

i still havent found what Im looking for or stuck in a moment ;)

All I want is you seems the perfect choice to me - congrats btw

We had AIWIY. About half way through, the rest of the wedding party and family joined in so it worked well with how the song plays out.

Congratulations!! I hope you two have a great life together!

AND with that, I suggest dancing together to the tune of either "All I Want is You" or, perhaps, "Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)." Of course, like Rickfly said above, the new album should *hopefully* be out before your BIG day, so there just might be another song to choose from (might there be a song tentatively titled "All Because of You" on the new album?).

Congratulations...
For the song I would say too "All I want is you"

^^ LOL!

:p that'd be hilarious! Then they could follow it up with everyone hitting the dance floor and bumping butts to the tune of "Big Girls Are Best"

here is an update of sorts. my fiance' and i decided on the song to arrive to at the reception when they name the individuals in the bridal party and us at the end. "Beautiful Day"!!

what other songs should they play at the reception? hopefully some songs from the new album will be good to play, but what about any other songs?

RickFly said:
here is an update of sorts. my fiance' and i decided on the song to arrive to at the reception when they name the individuals in the bridal party and us at the end. "Beautiful Day"!!

:yes: If I get married, I am definitely having Beautiful Day played somewhere ... a gorgeous, moving tune.

For other suggestions, I still think AIWIY is a super wedding song! And how about Elevation for the reception? For dancing, you know ... maybe Ultraviolet also? And North and South of the River is a nice, slow song ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom