Finger lacerations and trips to the emergency room.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
So I was at work today, and I just happened to be wielding a large butcher knife. (Heh-heh, stupid boss should've known never to give me such a powerful tool) So anyway, I'm cutting with it...it slips...sting...hold finger up...stare..."I don't remember having 6 fingers on this hand"....bleeding...squeeze...find the boss....'hold it over your head' he says....over the head it goes....wash it under some water...still gushing....wrap it in towel...more squeezing....talk to the boss...'here's a form to go to the Emergency Room' he says...off I drive to the ER, one handed, well actually no handed for about half way. (I'm a master of Knee driving on the interstate.)...get to the ER..."Hi, I'm dying of blood loss, how are you?"...have a seat...answer questions about my vitals...no no no, my insurance info, home address, phone #, THOSE vitals....sit in a treatment room...wait a while...see the nurse and then the doctor...get injected with numbing agent...watch them give me 4 stitches in my middle finger....right down the middle from my nail to about an inch in to my fingertip...I didn't feel like working today anyway.

I still have my digits, I don't live in Afghanistan. Today was a good day.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Tomorrow "A mystery I have yet to unravel."

AIM: JuanSwallow

OUCHY!!!!!!!! That really sounds painful even though you didn't mention being in pain but I hope you're feeling better.

------------------

I'm counting UFO's, I signal them with my lighter and in this moment I am happy...happy.

I'm just sipping on chamomile, watching boys and girls and their sex appeal.
AIM:fengche

I'm glad your going to be ok! That reminds me of when I closed a pocket knife on my thumb 10 years ago, I got a scar from that one! Best thing about scars is that people always ask how you got them. Are you going to get a scar from this?

take care with it JS. I cut the tip of my index finger quite deeply last year, it's still sore. Not sure what you do with your fingers, but they sure are "handy".

a cass digression warning.
I used to always see this young woman in a wheel chair at Bourbon Street gigs about 12ish years ago.Her and I, #1 & #2 fans I'd say
smile.gif
I saw her yesterday at the Australia Day concert, she looks sooo unwell. Her fingers, what's left of them...oh dear. I felt ill just looking at them. She still seems in good spirit though.
Take care of yourself musiclover.

**cass fights urge to use the "thumbs up" smilie**

------------------
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Oh, that's terrible, Johnny! Sorry to hear about your stitches but I am very glad that you get to keep all your fingers. I would have freaked out if that was me! I can't stand the sight of blood. I don't think I would have been able to just calmly drive myself to the ER the way you did. It sounds like you kept your cool very well.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Yikes!!! * smooches Juan's blood infested finger

My bro sliced open his finger once with my leatherman tool.. it was very disgusting and I wanted to pass out but he kept his cool. Needless to say we broke a hell of a lot of laws driving to the ER. Then we get there and they make him sit there for like an hour with his finger in a bucket of solution of some sort before they finally got around to sewing up his finger.

Doctors = suck.

Damn! How would you have typed all your thoughtful posts if you would have lost a finger?

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
You going to tell people the truth when they ask how you got it or are you going to have fun with it?

I'll Probably develop a story about how I got in a knife fight while I was pimpin' my hos.

*laughs at Juan's misfortunes...
icon37.gif

O.K., I shouldn't mock. However, I had something similar happen many years ago in a restaurant. Not as bad - didn't have to go to an emergency room, but I do have a scar on my thumb tip to this day. Cool...

Get well soon!

Back
Top Bottom