Finally!!U2.com first news about the album!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xenx

The Fly
Barcelona (Catalonia). Freedom for Catalonia!
From U2.com

Name Those Tunes !

Stop Press! First confirmed information on song titles from the new album.

U2.Com can exclusively reveal that completed tracks from the upcoming album include:
Vertigo,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own,
City of Blinding Lights,
A Man and A Woman,
Yahweh
and
Crumbs From Your Table.

The album, produced by Steve Lillywhite, will feature 11 tracks and is set for a late November worldwide release.

'It feels like a special' record', explains Bono in the October edition of the UK's Q Magazine. 'From the start we wanted to make our own Who's Next where every track mattered and I think we have done that.'

More news as we get it!

Is blinding lights. Not burning lights.

Bye from Catalunya::wink:

:hyper:

I thought with "burning" lights it will be one of the two love songs, but blinding lights? I'm not so sure anymore.

The same stuff is on NME's website. Personally i think they read the Q article and botched the name. Does U2.com have any affiliation with the band?? Sheesh..

How nice! I'm going to u2.com like five times a day hungry for a good piece of yet-unknown information, and then i find out that they are able to reveal what we already know.

I know we know this, but I've got a feelin' now U2.com have confirmed this we're going to be in for new posts in the next couple of weeks. Maybe a preview clip of Vertigo before it hits the radio? I see this as the real start of it all. We are now in September (near enough!) details and the single will surely start to filter through.

U2, the masters of generating hype!

Last edited:
VertiGone said:
The same stuff is on NME's website. Personally i think they read the Q article and botched the name. Does U2.com have any affiliation with the band?? Sheesh..

Well, if you are to assume one of them is in error, which is apparently the case, you would think the official site wouldn't screw up a title to a song. Maybe the Q writer (who also mispelled Yahweh) just botched it up. The same writer still believes that the album might be called Vertigo. Oh yeah and he said it was recorded at Windmill Lane.

My money is on U2.com being accurate.

Really, U2.com does not post any rumors at all, not even if there is the slightest doubt.

Therefore, when they have posted something I am absolutely sure to believe it.

BTW, that site really does need to be updated. If someone unfamiliar with U2 sites went there for some info, they probably would leave without even knowing that there will be a new album. It's that bad. Just my observation.

U2DMfan said:

Well, if you are to assume one of them is in error, which is apparently the case, you would think the official site wouldn't screw up a title to a song. Maybe the Q writer (who also mispelled Yahweh) just botched it up. The same writer still believes that the album might be called Vertigo. Oh yeah and he said it was recorded at Windmill Lane.

My money is on U2.com being accurate.

You would also think U2.com of all places would be the place to have fresh news. Odd that they "reveal" the names of songs mentioned in a Q article. Some revelation. Maybe next they will reveal that Xanax and Wine turned into Miracle Drug just because you've mentioned you thought that was the case a hundred times on this forum. When they post a 30 second clip of Vertigo in the next few days, i will regain faith in U2.com.

I would have thought, with a ?10m promotional campaign surely due to start rolling within the next couple of weeks, they would at least dust the cobwebs off their official website...

TheFirstBigW said:
Apparently they are going to update the website soon...

This scares me a little. Updating the website may result in no more concert ticket service through Propaganda. It is just a matter of time I know, but I am hoping Propaganda can help me out for just one more tour before closing shop.

Oh Roland they've been talking about killing Propaganda for a few years now. It's most likely going away and yes we'll all have to sign up for some Web Service to get us tickets and so forth....so just be ready.

U2.com can only give you what U2 gives them. C'mon you all Paul McGuinness runs a tight ship before an album release. Those of us who have been around since before the Joshua Tree know that. U2.com doesn't get any breaks either....hell we were lucky to get info through Propaganda....!!!:wink:

When I was at HQ a few months ago somebody asked Bono to sign their copy of Prop. He immediately spotted it and kinda frowned saying that it was a shame that it was going away, and said something to suggest that it would all be web based from now on.

I for one am still owed 2 copies from my subscription !

zoopop said:
At the rate U2.com is going they should annouce the 4 members of U2 next week. :|

You mean Bone, Corner, Larry Mullenson Senior and Douglas Adams's younger brother Clayton?

U2.com jumped on this bandwagon a tad late. Q stole their thunder.

...yeah, I'd say the reason U2.com has been so slow to report recently is that the team is busy building an entirely new interface for the the website to match the new album.......think about it, the present website is designed totally with the aesthetic of All That You Cant Leave Behind, so things like the dateline will functionally stay the same.......but I'd say its gonna be a totally new website in the coming weeks....

...the present one is 4 years old now....which is pretty old in web-speak...

:|

Hi, I'm new here. Anyone notice the new image on U2.com of the band - looks like a church. Curious as to how recent that image is.

yeah I've noticed that too...
Could it be a recording session, or probably the setting for Vertigo video.
Doesn't seem that recent, cause bono doesn't wear a cowboy-hat :der:

Ah cool, that's changed from before used to be a close up of Edge's guitar, which I thought was a new picture as well.

I think that is a new picture, nice one.

I agree, I think the web site is under major works this now. I think after the single has hit the air waves we'll see a new U2 .com

its from Windmill Lane...them practicing...

..its in the present issue of Q in the UK....the same article as the new song titles...

...and yep, its new...they all look pretty cool too...no glasses on adam... no cowboy hat on bono...

..ill try and scan it 4 tomoro...

I LOVE the u2 album advisory system - hopefully it will reach red/severe soon! ahh.. think of the insanity...

Great pic of the band jamming. Looks like somewhere in France with the glass pane windows. A church of somekind. With Edges Leather jacket we are in I hope for a badass album.

Back
Top Bottom