Finally! The mp3 of U2 recording at HQ, 05-17-08 (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daaaaam, i can barely hear anything but the guitar is SO AWESOMEE! Dun dun dun dunnnn! This makes me smile =]

edit:: i think *THINK* i might hear bono holding a really long note right around the 2:25-2:35 mark!! (but i can't be sure).

That would be awesome though, we need something like that since native son got throw away =[

At around 2.10 i think i hear that " scales " guitar part we got a few weeks back.

come on now, we can't say he sounds better than ZooTV or anything by this clip. it's a cool clip and i'm glad it was shared- even if it's difficult to hear anything (as anticipated) but it's not THAT telling into his vocals.

His voice was already better then ZooTV on Vertigo tour :)

ok at about 29 seconds I hear Bono burst out with these big vocals and then Edge comes in! OMG :drool:

and Larry is repeatedly hitting the crash cymbol with the snare drum during this part

I'm trying to think of an example of this...ok imagine New York's solo, that sort of drumming and then the "It's true..." verse in NYD...Bono sings "we can be one" and holds the "one" note then Edge comes in harmonizing with Bono...good example I can think of now is during slane...

YouTube - U2 - New Year's Day (live at Slane Castle)

at around 2:29

I am not 100% certain about any of this, but i'm pretty sure...:hyper:

guys...what if this IS studio quality?

What if U2 really has gone that experimental on us? Even Thom Yorke would have to concede.

:wink:

ok at about 29 seconds I hear Bono burst out with these big vocals and then Edge comes in! OMG :drool:

and Larry is repeatedly hitting the crash cymbol with the snare drum during this part

I'm trying to think of an example of this...ok imagine New York's solo, that sort of drumming and then the "It's true..." verse in NYD...Bono sings "we can be one" and holds the "one" note then Edge comes in harmonizing with Bono...good example I can think of now is during slane...

YouTube - U2 - New Year's Day (live at Slane Castle)

at around 2:29

I am not 100% certain about any of this, but i'm pretty sure...:hyper:

There is no way you can decipher that from that clip

I have a very good headset and that is honestly what i'm hearing...i understand your doubts though, that's ok...I'm just telling you what i hear...

if you think about it, it's not THAT far fetched what i said..even without hearing the cilp: Bono goes big, soaring vocals and then Edge comes in behind him....it's not that out of the ordinary, it just sounds very very cool and beautiful

Why do I keep thinking about Misterious Ways everytime I hear this song? :love:

Mysterious Ways????????

When I hear it.....the guitar part sounds like Hold Me,Thrill Me Kiss Me,Kill Me in reverse...not that I'm compalining...hopefully they keep the sound of their songs a little raw...not too polished..again overproduction of songs sucks

I agree

I do appreciate that the clip was posted, but I'm not understanding how people are hearing sooo much in this clip. I can sort of hear some vocals, some of the main guitar, and hints of drums. Not enough to really draw any conclusions about the album.

I can definitely understand the "singing like a bird" description. Pretty much the only like I can make out sounds like, "I'm coming to the surface for your love" or something about a surface. :huh:

I just heard "I'm coming to the surface of your love" as well--clear as a bell at 1:38!

Haha, the typical hype begins.

"Better than Mysterious Ways, Bono's voice better than ZooTV", from a barely audible clip.

In 2004 we declared Miracle Drug was the best song since the Middle Ages, look how that turned out.

Is it possible for some audio geek to clean this thing? Remove pops and shit, etc...I would, but at work and the only software I can work is Audacity.

I just heard "I'm coming to the surface of your love" as well--clear as a bell at 1:38!

omg thank you! now i hear it!

ok from 44-51 seconds he sings "I am coming to the surface of your love" as well...i'm not 100% sure about "am" and "your love" during this frame but I'm positive he says this at 1:38..you guys are right haha...nice one! :up:

oh and the harmonizing between Bono and Edge that I'm talking about at around 30 seconds I think he is just singing "I" then later on at around 44 seconds he goes on as mentioned above...

ok I don't think Rosebud was entirely serious, but it ALMOST is really THAT telling...if you listen carefully you can just imagine what this is going to be like in studio quality...:drool::drool:

honestly this sounds like a cross between MW and RHMT....:hmm:

Thanks, no I wasn't totally serious - I just thought it was interesting that the talk was going in that direction. Still, i do think that from what we're able to hear the vocals are better than they've been in years or perhaps a few decades. :shrug:

Haha, the typical hype begins.

"Better than Mysterious Ways, Bono's voice better than ZooTV", from a barely audible clip.

In 2004 we declared Miracle Drug was the best song since the Middle Ages, look how that turned out.

this is the new u2, as heard from this clip:

vrooom, vrooom, (changing gear), vroooooooooooom,,, squeeeek, (red light)

it kinda reminds me of one video, except for the music part

:tsk::tsk:

haha, "except for the music part" :lol::lol:

Do you guys remember the first radio rip of Window in the Skies, how the last 30 seconds of Fake Plastic Trees could be heard over the intro to the song?

That was fucking awesome.

"If I could be who you wanted..."

thanks for the post. I just brought it into my audio system here at ESPN and I EQed the hell out of it as best I could. It really doesn't sound any better...but I like what I hear.

:lmao:

Title: Slow Cars.
To be released as a 12th track on the deluxe versions.

just listened it for the second time
i do really hear some mysterious ways in it.

it rocks:rockon::rockon::rockon:
maybe with a touch of dirty day solo live

Back
Top Bottom