Finally! The mp3 of U2 recording at HQ, 05-17-08 (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if everyone is as nice as they say they are on here...havent been on in about five years but would love to have someone email me the link

zootv19@hotmail.com

thanks in advance greatly appreciated

there's not much to hear there other than some road traffic... there is a new u2 song playing, and it seems to be playing about a mile or so away from the source of the recording.

nothing that's audible enough to make any comment or get excited about, other than the fact that yea, they have songs, so yea, they might be close.

thanks again, this is pretty cool!

i couldnt hear it, but i managed to get it at just the right volume to sort of hear it, and it sounds really cool :D

these aint "beach" clips, this is a "road" clip :)

all i can say about that clip is.... WAT?

i dont see what dream out loud's friend was worried about.

Kind of sad to hear Bono is going with the htdaab voice again

what? how can you even hear a htdaab voice? i can hear one line of the song, "surface of your love" or whatever and thats the only discernible lyric / vocal. it's impossible to say this is better vocal than this, or it sounds similar to this because of the quality. who knows what it'll sound like? it's a cool sneak peak, but to read too much in either direction about this is just premature.

:huh:

this isn't the HTDAAB voice....

but what were you expecting? I don't get it...

what? how can you even hear a htdaab voice? i can hear one line of the song, "surface of your love" or whatever and thats the only discernible lyric / vocal. it's impossible to say this is better vocal than this, or it sounds similar to this because of the quality. who knows what it'll sound like? it's a cool sneak peak, but to read too much in either direction about this is just premature.

again...i'm not "reading into" anything...this honestly sounds incredibly strong, and it is possible to definitively say that in this recording, Bono is singing incredibly strong and beautifully :shrug:

I can hear the tone in his voice just fine, its audible from almost the beginning to the end above any other instrument in the recording. I couldnt even hear the lyrics, much less surface of your love, but the tone in his voice is clear. Its that specific nasal high pitch, the same one he used on the last album. Maybe thats just how his voice is now. Ive never known Bono to use the same voice in a row though. its kind of disheartening.

:huh:

this isn't the HTDAAB voice....

but what were you expecting? I don't get it...

again...i'm not "reading into" anything...this honestly sounds incredibly strong, and it is possible to definitively say that in this recording, Bono is singing incredibly strong and beautifully :shrug:

If he was singing vertigo with that voice it would sound exactly the same. Same pitch, same tone. And I was expecting something new.

Back
Top Bottom