Finally saw the vid this AM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Yup, I'm gonna post about U2 in this forum.

What the hell is up with that weird-ass video? I think I liked it, but Joey Kahn is one strange mother. I realize I missed all the previous discussion; so sue me. I think the video trivializes the theme of the song. I'm sure the band gets final say on the cut (although we'd like to think they don't), but jeepers, that's an odd, yet well-done, clip.

So? Your biased, subjective opinions, please.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

You have a point with the trivializing of a song written about a serious subject. But most people don't know about that. I like the video because I like football, Bono is hot, the football player dude is hot, the other U2 guys are cute, and so is Joseph Kahn. I would love to have a poster of Bono's head at the end of that video, yyuuummmmmmmm!!!

I think it's a great video, especially how they tribute Bono's dad at the end. But as usual, Larry makes the video for me.
smile.gif

They just don't show him long enough.

------------------
All We Are Saying...Is Give Peace A Chance

--John Lennon

Oh yeah, the guys look great! I about wet my pants laughing when I first saw Larry pumping his fist in the air. Edge singing upside down is a hoot as well.

And Gypsy, get me one of those posters please!
wink.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Martha,you mean they finally played it in UTAH?-jk

Anyway I was "underwhelmed"...Vid was good. Didnt fit song-Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Yup, MTV actually playing videos caused me to see it (plus I was escaping from the endless network carnage). So my Stuck in A Moment video question is:

Will someone please tell me what the hell that was about? I mean, yeah I know the chicks dig on the cute guys etc and the dudes will like it cuz it has football (dude), BUT what is it about?? Or is it about nothing? Or just a lame football player? I think I liked the previous video better but of course I still like it.

It's U2!!!

Well, I just so happen to be a chick who likes football!! And Larry!!
biggrin.gif
Good shit, and, um too much beer tonite.
------------------
Make Love!
Not War

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-15-2001).]

I saw it for the first time last night. I didn't have my hopes up because of the descriptions that I had heard. Turns out, I really get it!

NicaMom said it best.
smile.gif

I mean haven't we all looked back on our life and wondered about a certain decision and how our life might be different if we'd done that one thing BETTER.

Back
Top Bottom