Finally...New Propaganda??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
Thought I'd copy everyone on this!!! From @U2...

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:54:09 -0700
Subject: Prop-ping in soon?

PROP-PING IN SOON?

Sounds like the latest issue of Propaganda may be popping into your
mailboxes soon. Prop's unofficial-official spokeslady extraordinaire (that's
Cecilia, of course) emailed an @U2 reader Tuesday with news that the newest
issue "should" be ready for mailing as early as next week. (Thanks CC and
DM.)

:uhoh: Shall we hold our breath:confused: :confused:

Apparently this is the last issue. They?ve got U2.com now. Instead refunding everyone?s remaining amount of their subscription fee they may make it so people won?t bother demanding some of their money back. A lot of people paid $25 for 4 issues and only got 1. A double issue and an exclusive CD or the Slane DVD ? ! I?d be very happy ! If nothing special ? I will still be satisfied for the access to tickets for the Elevation Tour.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Damn, about time!!!!

No shite!

Not to attack Propaganda's credibility in terms of when they say they'll release things and when they actually DO...well, actually that's exactly what I want to do. I hope this is true, but I'll believe it when the magazine is actually sitting in my hands.

Sadly, I've heard that it will be sent in the next week before. I've heard that it will be sent in the next week about 3 or 4 different times now. Let's just hope and pray that it's not bull crap for once!

Now I wish I'd told them my new address.

Maybe USPS will be nice and re-direct it to me.
Maybe a procine creature will defy the laws of gravity whilst simultaneously exiting my body via my sphincter.
Maybe Kelly is better than Bono.

Tip Top Prince said:

Good idea, except I don't have their email address, or remember my membership number. :der:

Go to their website. They have a link for changing your address. I did it a few months ago and I didn't have my membership number either (I would have looked at my previous issues of Prop, but oh yes! That's right! I never got any!) Anyway, they should change your address even without the number. :)

crossing fingers....

I just tried to change my address without a number too, so hopefully it worked! That's great news if they are sending it out soon...i hope, i hope, i hope....:yes:

I just updated my address on the Prop site yesterday and Terri sent me this response:

Yes, we do have your correct information on file. We are currently in between issues due to U2's activities, but are expecting it in hopefully a few months, if everything goes according to schedule.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Kind regards,
Terri Panaro

So, there is a new issue coming...in a few months...hopefully...maybe.

atikicat said:
I just updated my address on the Prop site yesterday and Terri sent me this response:

Yes, we do have your correct information on file. We are currently in between issues due to U2's activities, but are expecting it in hopefully a few months, if everything goes according to schedule.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Kind regards,
Terri Panaro

So, there is a new issue coming...in a few months...hopefully...maybe.

A few MONTHS??? That's the same line they were feeding us back in, what, March?? What in God's name is taking so long? This better be some issue. Based on the amount of time it's taking I'm expecting a three-volume set with gilded pages and a free band member inside.

well im not sure how much you guys paid for this but i payed about $45 Canadian, and i didnt even receive ONE magazine. However i did get the elevation ticket offer. I guess it was worth it, but i think it would be nice if they followed through on their promise to deliver my 4 magazines with the subscription.:angry:

I don't really care if they ever come out with another issue. Sites like U2.com, youtwo.net and this one make the mag obsolete. The only reason I subscribe anymore...and I have been since before it even became Propaganda...is the ticket offers. I can't see them realistically doing something like that through U2.com. Too many people would be able to take advantage of it. At least the Prop offer keeps it somewhat under control.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

A few MONTHS??? That's the same line they were feeding us back in, what, March?? What in God's name is taking so long? This better be some issue. Based on the amount of time it's taking I'm expecting a three-volume set with gilded pages and a free band member inside.

Maybe they could let us go through Larry's storage and take whatever little U2 keepsake our heart's desired...

"Grammys, we got Grammys! Anyone want a Grammy? How about a Gold Record? US, France or Australia?"

atikicat said:
I don't really care if they ever come out with another issue. Sites like U2.com, youtwo.net and this one make the mag obsolete. The only reason I subscribe anymore...and I have been since before it even became Propaganda...is the ticket offers. I can't see them realistically doing something like that through U2.com. Too many people would be able to take advantage of it. At least the Prop offer keeps it somewhat under control.

Which is exactly why Prop is not obsolete. I mean, they don't need to make an actual magazine to do it, but it would be nice if they continued to keep a list of members (who paid some 'subscription' fee) and send them ticket forms like they do for subscribers now. Also, and I think martha pointed this out, Prop isn't just about information. It's nice to have a pretty, glossy magazine with nice pictures (and free cds) to be able to hold in your own hands. But, really, as long as they do the ticket offers, I don't care *that* much about the magazine. Ah just want mah tickets. Ah, well. I can only hope.

dsmith2904 said:

Maybe they could let us go through Larry's storage and take whatever little U2 keepsake our heart's desired...

"Grammys, we got Grammys! Anyone want a Grammy? How about a Gold Record? US, France or Australia?"

Bwahahaha.

"Gold record? Noooo, I said PLATINUM record. I want my money's worth, dammit."

I'll believe it when I see it...

I am another Propaganda subscriber who also hasn't been too impressed with what I got for $25..... I've only received one issue, I signed up mostly for the ticket perks and was really disappointed with how things turned out for Elevation. If I am remembering right, I paid for the most expensive tickets (~$130) for the Detroit show (Gold Circle?), and ended up having seats about 1/2 way up! Suckola....:mad: :scream: :no: :sad:
The floor tickets sounded tempting, especially with the decent ticket price, but I was scared of getting trampled. Although now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, if you were going to die, to die with U2 in the room........
Did any of you Prop subscribers get in the Heart? Was that pure luck, camping out overnight, what exactly? I'm guessing that being on the outside of the Heart near the edges or the tip just involved alot of elbowing and "excuse me's" ? :confused: :confused: Just curious....
(BTW if this is too off topic, I accept 50 lashes with a wet noodle, still new to Interference and forum protocol :scratch: )

I got tickets from Prop for both legs of Elevation, and got the exact tickets I wanted, both times. Which involved 2 sets of GA tickets. That said, GA tickets come with no guarantee of being in the heart. However, I did get into the heart twice -- both times by showing up ridiculously early and waiting in line. Which, incidentally, was great fun. A lot of people with Prop tickets were in the heart - which really says more about the level of fandom associated with being a Prop member than anything inherent about the tickets.

Which is why I ... want ... my magazine! And MacPhisto's boots. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

By the way, Gina? Looooove the sig!!!! :heart:

I've been getting tickets through Prop from the JT tour on...at face value and in the front rows. No the "front rows" weren't an inherent part of the Prop tix on the Elevation tour with whole GA arrangement. You had to work for it. And you're right...Prop subscribers are fanatic enough to do this, but do you think you could have gotten the exact GA tickets you wanted at face value for the Elevation tour without Prop? Not likely. Without Prop you may not have had the chance to even get in the heart. Not without at least paying a lot more money to get tix from a scalper. Or go through the hassle and worry of trying to get tix through TM or waiting in line for 24 hrs+ on the hope that you'll score some last minute tix at the box office. You can have my mag...I'll take your tickets.:D

Well, hopefully I'll be able to camp out the night before, the next time they come around town. I don't think Detroit would ever be a first stop for them, so I'm sure we'd know the stage setup, etc before they got here. I'm torn because I would love for them to tour in 2003, but my rotations for vet school start in January 2003 and run 'til May 2004. Unless they give WAY advance notice for their concert dates, it would be hard to get a day off to be able to go wait in line all day....:(

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Bwahahaha.

"Gold record? Noooo, I said PLATINUM record. I want my money's worth, dammit."

OK kids, let's start making up our wish lists. I think I would like the shirt Bono wore in the Streets video and one of Edge's massive stone rings from the ZooTV tour.

i used to be a propaganda member. i joined in 97 and got my four issues (i guess?) and hasta la vista baby.

even then i couldn't understand how the hell it can take so long to come out with issues. when the band is just working on an album or something i can understand it being kinda slow, but when there's an album out, and they're touring, is it really that hard to come up with 40-50 pages of stuff? :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom