Finally Got 'boy' Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kate1

War Child
HI im just posting to say that yeepe! i have the 'Boy' album on Saturday, it is FANTASTIC!!! REALLY REALLY ROCKY!!!

HARD DRUMS AND EVERYTHING!!!!

plus got served by a fit checkout worker :drool: I think he was suprised! lol.

Is that the first album?

Are these all of the albums...

BOY
THE UNFORGETABLE FIRE
WAR
THE JOSHUA TREE
THE HITS 1980-1900
POP
ACTUNG BABY
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
THE HITS 1990-2000

NOT INCLUDING ANY LIVE ALBUMS THOUGH.

THANX :wink:

U2's full album discography is:

1980 Boy
1981 October
1983 War
1983 Under A Blood Red Sky (Live)
1984 The Unforgettable Fire
1987 The Joshua Tree
1988 Rattle And Hum
1991 Achtung Baby
1993 Zooropa
1997 Pop
2000 All That You Can't Leave Behind

Compilations:
1998 The Best Of 1980-1990
2002 The Best Of 1990-2000

Plus, there's an EP:
1985 Wide Awake In America

It's seems that from your list the following studio albums are still missing:
October
Rattle And Hum
Zooropa

C ya!

Marty

Kate1 said:
Are these all of the albums...

BOY
THE UNFORGETABLE FIRE
WAR
THE JOSHUA TREE
THE HITS 1980-1900
POP
ACTUNG BABY
ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
THE HITS 1990-2000

They were released in this order, IIRC:

Boy
October
War
Under a Blood Red Sky
The Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake in America
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop
Best of 1980-1990
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Best of 1990-2000

The ones I put in red are the ones missing from your list.

Last edited:
Edited to say: ^^ Had written the same here, as the posts above, so...

... besides these (which comes in different versions depending on where you buy them - US, Europe, Asia ect.) there are a lot of cd's with other artists where U2 (or just one of the guys) appear on a single number plus the tons of bootlegs from various concerts over the years...

I would recommend that you check out pages like
www.u2wanderer.org if you're interested in more information...

Last edited:
I'll help you answer your question, but I don't think you're in the right forum... Anyways, these are all the U2 albums (in cronological order):

Boy
October
War
Under A Blood Red Sky (Live album)
The Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake In America (Partly live album)
The Joshua Tree
Rattle And Hum (Partly live album)
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Passengers: Original Soundtrack 1
POP
The Best Of 1980-1990 (with or without B-sides)
All That You Can't Leave Behind
The Best Of 1990-2000 (with or without B-sides)

... besides these (which comes in different versions depending on where you buy them - US, Europe, Asia ect.) there are a lot of cd's with other artists where U2 (or just one of the guys) appear on a single number plus the tons of bootlegs from various concerts over the years...

I would recommend that you check out pages like
www.u2wanderer.org if you're interested in more information...

If I forgot anything - I'm sorry! :reject:

Am I the only one who is confused that the poster of this thread has over 200 posts yet didn't know until recently about quite a few albums? :eyebrow:

Ok, I'll confess, just please don't give me the boot. I don't own Boy or October. Had em on scratchy vinyl back in the day but never updated, wanted to see if this whole cd thing was going to catch on :laugh: (boy am I old).

I only recently got War, saw it on sale for $9.99 a couple of months ago. I'll buy em used somewhere or maybe go the MP3 route.

I always thought that some moments on Boy sounded like a lighter Black Sabbath, I mean some riffs and lyrics are really dark and unusual to what many other rock bands were and are doing. Like the riffs from Twilight and An Cat Duhb for example. You got I Will Follow, Out Of Control and The Electric Co. 3 of their best rock songs imho. I wish they could play The Electric Co. again and maybe some snippets of songs like Into The Heart or Stories For Boys. I LOVE the bass on Stories For Boys. The drums and bass are awesome on that record, very interesting and original. Some great stuff there. A great first album.

I dont have Wide Awake In America - 4 songs at the same price as a full album... kinda puts me off. One day ill buy it... one day...

So Kate1 where abouts in Manchester do ya live?

Hmmm, I know all of U2's albums in chronological order and I know what years they were released ...

But I still don't have 2 of them! Boy and Zooropa ... sigh. They're always so expensive. Well, Boy isn't but I can never find it anywhere. Zooropa is still over $30 in most places, which I can't understand because ATYCLB is down to about $15.

Oh, I don't own another one, I remember - Joshua Tree, but have that sort of permanently borrowed out from the library so I see no reason to buy it.

I don't have Passengers either (because I've never seen it anywhere) ... or Wide Awake in America, which is far too expensive for only four songs.

Ha, I've boughten all my U2 cds used. It's just more efficent. But I'll be happy to pay full price for the new album! Whenever that opportunity arises...

steak said:
Zooropa is my favorite album...get it, you won't look back :)

Is the album live?
I don't like a load of shouting in the audience, cos you can't really blast it!!!

Can i get the CD in HMV or Virgin at a resonalble price?

By the way these are only the albums that i have got...
BOY, obviously!

Limited Edition best of 1980-1900. but my mum has lost the second album and cover!! so i have to buy it agin one day. I have CD 1 THOUGH!

All that you can't leave behind

Special Edition best of 1900-2000

I still have A LOT MORE TO GET! LOL!

No, Zooropa isn't live. In fact, it's a very studio record in the sense that it has many of these strange sounds. It's U2 at their most adventurous. The album includes Stay, Numb and The First time, but also Lemon (and the original is much better than the Jeep Remix on the B-Sides disc of The Best Of 1990-2000), The Wanderer (with Johnny Cash singing!) and Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car.
That said, it isn't a guitar record. Not everyone likes it thus, although it's second in my list (right after Achtung Baby).

C ya!

Marty

BLESS YA! LOL! I WILL GET IT THEN JUST NEED TO BEG ME DAD AND MUM! LOL!

Is it really rocky like "BOY"

Nope, not at all. Almost no guitars at all.
If you want to go for a bit more rockier sound, get Achtung Baby.

:)

Marty

You'll love Zooropa. Its U2's most experimental album but it comes off as a great album. Glad you enjoy Boy, its one of my favorites. Its a very different album for its time. Plus Adam Clayton is highly underated on that album. Some great bass on Boy. OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

* MoFo * said:
I dont have Wide Awake In America - 4 songs at the same price as a full album... kinda puts me off. One day ill buy it... one day...

So Kate1 where abouts in Manchester do ya live?

Im from Moston, what about you? :wink:

~*Buffalo*~ said:
But I still don't have 2 of them! Boy and Zooropa ... sigh. They're always so expensive. Well, Boy isn't but I can never find it anywhere. Zooropa is still over $30 in most places, which I can't understand because ATYCLB is down to about $15.

:confused: Aren't there any used CD stores in your area? You can get them cheap, and at worst, they need a quick cleaning and they'll sound as good as new.

Pawn shops usually have CDs really cheap, though they also tend to have scary customers. :uhoh: I work at a coin & stamp shop, and the owner also owns a pawn shop; I got several used U2 CDs there for about $4 each!

My advice for choseing what almum you buy next: Since you have the Best of 90-00, listen to those songs. Whatever ones you like best, musically speaking, try and get the album it's on. Then just continue until you've got them all. All of them are great, just different from each other.

As far as prices go, look around. There are lots of good ways to find cheaper CD's. The suggestions already posted are probably the best ways to go about it.

Hehe, I became a fan around Nov/Dec. 2000, this was the order I got their albums.

1980-90
war
october
UF
ATYCLB
JT

----
boy, Zooropa, Achtung Baby, Rattle and Hum I got at the same time

Under a blood red sky

Pop

Best of 1990-2001

Wide Awake in America

Bunch of singles in between, hehe.

Well if you like Boy, October and War are great. October was at one point Adam's fave U2 album.

I was just panicking then :( :huh: :huh: ! I thought there were even more cds that i had to get!!! Then i just realise they are enitials of the albums!! SILLY ME!

THANX FOR THE ADVICE GUYS UR HELPING ME OUT A GREAT DEAL!

Back
Top Bottom