Finally Got 'boy' Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I remember being a teenager in the early 90's that didn't have a real job, so I just recycled cans around the house and eventually saved up about 60 dollars one summer and got "Boy, October, War and Wide Awake In America" on CD from a major music retail store that is no longer in business. Those were the days!

Me recycling cans not only saved our enviornment but it also helped fuel my U2 addiction!

Sue DeNym said:

:confused: Aren't there any used CD stores in your area? You can get them cheap, and at worst, they need a quick cleaning and they'll sound as good as new.

Pawn shops usually have CDs really cheap, though they also tend to have scary customers. :uhoh: I work at a coin & stamp shop, and the owner also owns a pawn shop; I got several used U2 CDs there for about $4 each!

Well, I have done just that - I got War, UF, AB and Pop all used from a second-hand record shop, for about $8-9 each. Not too bad ... except I got scared off doing that because my Pop CD was dodgy ... it stops playing halfway through Please (coincidentally my favourite song on the album) and if I skip through to Wake Up Dead Man, it kind of gets really slow and then stops altogether.

I'm pretty stingy with how I spend my money ... if I can't get it cheap and new, I'd rather not get it at all. :eyebrow: As a result I have a lot of crappy pieces of clothes and other things that always fall apart because I don't like to pay a lot for them. For clothes, now I've started going to second-hand shops and have found quite good stuff. But with CDs I'm a bit wary now ... I suppose it's not a good thing because I'm denying myself the pleasure of listening to Boy and Zooropa.

Keocmb said:

Well im sorry for you all that said i MUST get Zooropa cd, but i didn't have enough money on Saturday :sad: :sad: :sad:
So i bought the October album ITS GREAT.

I love the song Gloria, bono sounds cute and really funny! lol!

My collection is slowly developing!!

Acording to my calculations :eyebrow: i should have ALL of the U2 albums next month for my birthday!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Back
Top Bottom