fellow aussies we get the 46664 concert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm ... the local TV guide doesn't have it listed ... I'll search online.

well its going to be released on dvd....according to the ABC website

A compact disc featuring the artists will be released in 2004, while a DVD of the concert is planned for release in March next year.

SBS.com.au doesn't have it listed in their schedule ...

But you obviously knew that. 10 doesn't either? Damn. Ah well, there's the DVD.

I'll try MTV Australia ...

I'm not having any luck with MTV either. Yeah, hopefully they just haven't updated their schedules ... though I probably won't be up at 4am tomorrow morning! I'd like to know now so that I can set my video/get up for it.

i'm going to get up to watch the webcast, as much as it will suck on my 56k and i'll have my video ready, i think we will get it broadcast sometime during next week, people in USA arent getting it live....just have to wait and see

Yeah, I may watch the webcast, but as you say, it'll suck over 56k ... and my modem has this thing with connecting at 31.2k. Grr. But hopefully it'll be worth it. I think I'll get up. Not sure, though. I bet there'll be some replay of it.

I just rang SBS and the helpful man on the phone said that the concert is "definately not on tomorrow". Its not on this weekend at all. He advised that I ring back during normal hours to obtain the day and time. (I could hear him flipping through pages while we spoke and he took quite some time reading).

Edited to add: that he knew what I was talking about. I said look up "4664", try "Mandela Concert" and he knew what I was talking about so I suppose thats something.

Last edited:
Nupe. If I try to ring Sydney at 5:00pm Perth time, theyve all gone home and had dinner. When it gets really busy I will turn up to work here at 6:00am just so I can fit more Perth - Melbourne/Sydney hours into the day. Sucks really. I wish we had daylight savings to so at least we would only be 2 hours behind like in the winter.

Duh, duh, duh! Alex you are absolutely correct. I do have the time zones backwards. Perth is GMT + 8 and Sydney/Melbourne is GMT + 10 (plus daylight savings). So yep that would be 1:00am here because we are closer to South Africa. Duh, can I blame the heat? Its pickled my brain. My apologies. (crawls back under her rock)

Performers at the 46664 concert:

Abdel Wright, Jamaica
Anastacia, USA
Andrews & The Gateway Ambassadors, from West Africa
Angelique Kidjo, the Benin-born, Paris/Brooklyn based?
Baaba Maal, Senegal
Beyonce, USA
Bongo Maffin, South Africa
Bono, from www.u2.com (no blurb about him at all)
Danny K, South Africa
Eurythmics (from nowhere in particular, obviously if their famous then their placeless?)
Gary Mudbone Cooper, USA
Jimmy Cliff, USA
Johnny Clegg, England
Ladysmith Black Mambazo, South Africa
Ms Dynamite, England
Paul Oakenfold, England
Peter Gabriel, England
Queen, England
Ready D, South Africa
The Corrs, Ireland
Watershed, South Africa
Youssou N'Dour, Senegal (who, incidently, will be touring Australia next year, saw him listed in the Festival of Perth 2004 program)
Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), England etc
Yvonne Chaka Chaka, South Africa
Zola, South Africa,
Zucchero, Italy

Thats the list, in alpha order like the web site. Im imagining thats not the play order though.

(Now dont ask me which time zones they all live in :) )

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for the replay. I have things to do tomorrow so I can't stay up too late.

Wow, I have been very detatched from both the net and telly of late, so I have no idea what all of this is about, but I am slowly understanding it- what a great concert this is, I do hope that I manage to see it on sbs and whoever posted that they heard that Youssou N'Dour is coming to Oz next year, thankyou very much- that has just made my day, I just love that man and his voice. Very cool news indeed:)

Slightly off topic - Youssou N'Dour will be playing the Perth Concert Hall on 29th Feb 2004 as part of the Perth International Arts Festival. Tickets are already on sale at $65. I imagine he would play the rest of Oz too. Seems like a long way to come for one show. Is the Brisbane festival on at the same time? I think some of these acts get shared between the festivals that are on at the same time. One of the states festivals is on at a different time of the year, cant recall if its Vic. (I used to do the insurance for the Perth Festival). Anyway, goodluck tracking him down. Im going to the Perth show.

Yes, we'll definitely have to keep up with when it's going to be broadcast. I'll keep a look-out. Sounds like it was fantastic, and I hear u2.com's got some audio or something. Bono_man, did you watch the webcast?

no i missed the webcast but i've got the mp3s, i'd like to find some mp3's of the corrs who preformed....but the show is coming out on DVD in january (according to corrsonline)

i found this for Saturday December 13th (SBS)
07:00 pm DOCUMENTARY - STAYING ALIVE
Staying Alive began in 1998 as an Emmy award-winning documentary profiling the lives of six young people from around the world infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS. Staying Alive is involved in a massive HIV/AIDS awareness and global fundraising drive for the Nelson Mandela Foundation.
A unique collaboration of some of the most influential parties in music will perform at this concert in Cape Town on November 29, 2003, including Bono, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Shakira, The Corrs, David Bowie, Anastasia, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Sting, Paul McCartney, Queen, Johnny Clegg, Youssour N'Dour & others, with more artists signing up to get involved every day.

SMS Alert Code: 7847

it only runs for an hour and a half so it will be only a short higlights package

Back
Top Bottom