Favourite R&H Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
I just bought the film Rattle and Hum am now obsessed with it.
So I thought we could all post our very favourite moments from the film

Here are mine:
The whole of Sunday Bloody Sunday -- So much passion.
:larry: "If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it."
"It's a musical journey..."
(By the way, does anyone know what Bono says after Larry says this the first time??)

That's enough from me. It's your turn!!

Fuck the revolution!

The whole speech is great, but those three words say everything really, I think.

With Or Without You - that performance really does it for me. It's the best live version of it I've seen. :)

The bit before Desire where Phil Jonau asks why they're doing the film and Bono passes it to Adam who tries his best to give a good reason but ends up saying "fuck it, I don't know!" :lmao:

The "Sunday Bloody Sunday" speech rocks :up:. I also love the "Bullet The Blue Sky" performance-"The God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister." Brilliant. And I like how Bono throws the spotlight up at the end of the song. Plus, Edge's guitar playing on that one is awesome.

mtoreilly said:
The bit before Desire where Phil Jonau asks why they're doing the film and Bono passes it to Adam who tries his best to give a good reason but ends up saying "fuck it, I don't know!" :lmao:

:yes:. And Larry's imitating the hand gestures Adam's making, and they're all trying hard not to laugh.

Angela

The Graceland scene - where Bono works his charm on the guide! and where they are fans.

I HATED the Still havent' found scene - the choir were OK but that bloody screeching woman! :mad: Fingernails on a blackboard wouldn't be so bad!

Graceland. I love how Bono makes that poor tour guide giggle and surrender to his charm. And I love Larry's sheepish little grin when Bono says how much he loves Harley-Davidson.

Exit

In God's Country

Bono's speech during Sunday Bloody Sunday. "Fuck the revolution!" gives me chills.

Larry making fun of Adam's hand gesturing. :D

Bono's embarrassed laugh after B.B. King says, "You're mighty young to write such heavy lyrics." :cute:

The scene with the little snippet of Heartland..
The most amazing performance of With or Without You...
Edge singing Van Diemen's Land..

I have several

-Bad
-Exit
-Larry saying in his thick accent "I wish he hadn't been buried in the backyard" I know i shouldn't laugh but I always do!
-Edge telling Larry that if he "had feet like that he wouldn't want them in the film" and Larry replies "If I had a head like yours I'd bleeding bury it!" LOL

"If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it."

:lol:

I'd forgotten all about that one! Hee!

I like the version of "Desire" they do.

"In God's Country"

"With or Without You"

"Where the Streets Have No Name"

ISHFWILF - "My own conga ... my very own conga!"

"Sunday Bloody Sunday," where Bono's doing the "no more" bit, and gets a feedback screech on one of them.

The last bit of "Pride," where the audience is louder than the band. I don't know if they futzed with the audio in the film at that point, but I'm sorry they didn't do the same thing on the album.

WoWY
Bad (!!!!)
Helter Skelter

the interview before Desire (Larry's hand things. . . hehe)

the spotlight in BTBS

man, i would have LOVED to see this in theaters!

Edge randomly sliding down the hill is in my pantheon of "Most Randomly Funny Moments Ever":wink:

Oh, I forgot about the interviewer turning to look back at someone when he wasn't getting the guys to open up. He looked like he was thinking, "WTF do I do NOW?!":| :giggle:

i think it's right after bono tells edge to play the blues

and he slams the mic to the floor

that's my favorite part

Heartland song playing ... Mississippi River - Memphis,TN.

Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry sitting on a hill talking while looking
across at the Mississippi River ... Edge slides down the hill ...

Graceland ...

The photo shoot leading up to Elvis' house ... Bono and Larry walking up to Elvis' house ... while inside U2 are admiring the dining room area ... Heartland song lyrics being sung ... "Into the side of love" ... then we see a photograph hanging on the wall in the hallway of Priscilla and Lisa Marie ...

Bono asking for a photo of Elvis' bike ... puts his arm around the woman. She then requests "How about the snow mobile?" Bono
then tells her "You don't know what Harley Davidson means to this man" ... referring to Larry Mullen Jr. The woman then
asks "How about off-camera?" Bono then says "OK ... just a photograph without all this" ... referring to the cameras, and they will take that all away. Next we see Larry sitting on Elvis' bike ...
but filmed on-camera and lastly showing a photo of Larry on the bike too ...

Larry in the backyard at Graceland ... standing in front of Elvis' grave / tombstone ... Also in Larry's kitchen while interviewed ...
claiming how he wished that Elvis wouldn't have been buried there and how Elvis' grave should have been somewhere that he couldn't have gone to ... he would have felt much better ... Very
emotional moment ...

Ms MofoGone, exactly my favorite moments!

I also have to smile at the part where Bono and BB are talking about the chords in a song (cant remember which now off the top of my head, I think its All along the watchtower?) , where Bono says "I think it's only got 2 chords"
or something like that, lol, I cant remember it word for word but it always makes me chuckle.

the soul waits said:
Ms MofoGone, exactly my favorite moments!

I also have to smile at the part where Bono and BB are talking about the chords in a song (cant remember which now off the top of my head, I think its All along the watchtower?) , where Bono says "I think it's only got 2 chords"
or something like that, lol, I cant remember it word for word but it always makes me chuckle.

Hey the soul waits ...
The song you are referring to is ... "When Love Comes To Town" and I love that part in the movie too ... when BB King says how he's terrible with chords and Bono then says "That's alright The Edge will play them instead". Bono then says "I think there's only what 2 chords." BB also is shown playing with Bono, Edge and Adam and then there's a part where BB says "I didn't know what to do there" ... referring to which notes to play ... so he just "ad-libbed" the notes instead. Bono says that's alright ... and they all continue playing.

MsMofoGone said:

Hey the soul waits ...
The song you are referring to is ... "When Love Comes To Town" and I love that part in the movie too ... when BB King says how he's terrible with chords and Bono then says "That's alright The Edge will play them instead". Bono then says "I think there's only what 2 chords." BB also is shown playing with Bono, Edge and Adam and then there's a part where BB says "I didn't know what to do there" ... referring to which notes to play ... so he just "ad-libbed" the notes instead. Bono says that's alright ... and they all continue playing.

Yes, that's it! Too funny :)

- the unbelieveble stress all over the final part of bullet the blue sky: "the god i believ isn't short of cash mister"... "the hills of san salvador"... "and we run into the arms of america"

- "ok edge, play the blues"... and edge does that thing sounding like heaven that most people call it guitar playing

Back
Top Bottom