favourite one hit wonders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok folks list them down
Honourable Mentions
The Models- Out Of Mind Out Of Sight
The Metals- Live It Up
OMC- How Bizarre
OMD- If You Leave
Im Too Sexy- Right Said Fred
Big Audio Dynamite- Rush
Freur- DootDoot
KLF- Last Train To Trancentral
Underworld- Underneath the Radar (whatever became of them?!
biggrin.gif
) http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000009FSW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dishonourable mentions
New Kids On The Block- The Right Stuff
something by debbie gibson
Ba Ha Men- who let the dogs out?
Third Eye Blind- Semi Charmed Life

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
Big Audio Dynamite- Rush

Ok I'll add but first I have to say as qa devoted Clash fan (the only band that matters) ANY Clash spin off band is automatically cool, so B.A.D. are not one hit wonders. Besides I do belive that The Globe was also released. SO whatever. Anyway if you like them check out the songs: Medicine Man, Applecart and E=MC2

But anyway:
The Way: Fast Ball
Your Emergency's About to End: Possum Dixon
I'm Too Sexy: RSF (sorry I think I had to repeat it)
The Proclaimers: 500 miles
I Could Never Be Your Woman: White Town
That's all I can think of now that you didn't put. I'll maybe post more later as they occur to me...

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Relax"......who would have guessed that during the Regan era, a band could have the entire country singing the most homoerotic song ever recorded?

Jesus Jones - "Right Here, Right Now"....... perfect song for the moment in time it was released in

EMF - "Unbelieveable"......From the beginning "OH!" and pounding piano, this song has you hooked

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 01-24-2002).]

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:

dishonourable mentions
New Kids On The Block- The Right Stuff

OK, NKOTB did NOT have just one hit.
mad.gif
I only know this because before I became a die-hard U2 fan, I was a crazed NKOTB fan. They had "Step by Step" and "Hangin' Tough" and "Cover Girl" and "Popsicle".
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by senrab:
Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners.

That's what I was gonna reply with!

And, yes, NKOTB were definitely not one-hit wonders...I adored them when I was little, and they had tons of hits!

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

primitive radio gods with 'standing outside a broken phone booth'

------------------
silver
shiny

I liked that one song Harvey Danger had... Paranoia paranoia every one is out to get meeeee. I think it was called flag-pole sitta.

btw B.A.D. had 2 hits actually.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I once had somebody refer to U2 as "those one-hit wonders who did the Batman song".

------------------

I'm so glad others are saying NKOTB was no a one-hit wonder. It makes me feel less embarassed about my 13-year-old obsession.

As for the one-hit wonders above, I agree with all of them and include:

I Want Candy- Bow Wow Wow
Jenny [867-5309]- Tommy Tutone [my name is Jenny so I'm particularly attached to that song and am always tempted to give loser guys that hit on me at a bar that number and see if they pick up on it]

Taco - Puttin on the Ritz

Sad, it wasn't even an original song.

As for the Sneaker Pimps, I heard a new song on the radio Sunday. They have changed their style, and a new album will be released...I actually liked the song.

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I once had somebody refer to U2 as "those one-hit wonders who did the Batman song".
You've GOT to be kidding! Ha ha!!

Tarzan Boy- Baltimora
One Night In Bangcock- Murrayhead
Mickey- Tony Basil
Cars- Gary Numan

Spinninghead77, Rick Springfield had a whole bunch of hits besides Jessie's Girl: Human Touch, Don't Talk To Strangers, I Get Exited, Rock Of Life, to name a few.

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 01-25-2002).]

Fastball--The Way (a song about parents getting fed up and moving to like, FLorida or something)

Lifehoue-Hanging by a moment

The guy who sang "She's so high"

The Cardigans

Originally posted by Se7en:
Superdrag- Sucked Out
I love that cd! ...too bad no one else did....

No! You're not alone, that was a good album (actually called Regretfully Yours) and a great song
wink.gif
"Who sucked out the feeling????"

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

Tal Bachman

Also, I think that Vanilla Ice, Sneaker Pimps, and Fastball had more than one hit.

------------------

Fastball--The Way (a song about parents getting fed up and moving to like, FLorida or something)

Lifehoue-Hanging by a moment

Um, Fastball scored a couple of times after that on the US charts, with Fire Escape and Out Of My Head.

Lifehouse is creeping back up the charts with Breathing, so don't toss them onto the one-hit wonder pile just yet.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Lifehouse-Hanging by a moment

Ditto on all of these for me!

Who does that song that goes "you're...A GOD and I...AM NOT..." Cool song. Sounds like a one-hit wonder.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by Bonochick:

I hope you were drinking something when they said this. This way, you could have sprayed it all over their face in response.
biggrin.gif

Pride, With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found..., Where the Streets..., Desire, Angel of Harlem, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than..., Who's Gonna Ride..., Hold Me...Kill Me, Discotheque, Staring at the Sun, and Beautiful Day were all Billboard Top 40 hits in the U.S. for U2 (14 songs total - 6 of which hit the Top 10).

In addition, I Will Follow (re-release), New Years Day, In God's Country, When Love Comes to Town, All I Want Is You, The Fly, Stay, Last Night on Earth, The Sweetest Thing and Stuck in a Moment... all charted in the Billboard Top 100 in the U.S. for U2 (10 additional songs).

Since the definition of a "hit" is making the Hot 100 list in the U.S., U2 are 24-hit wonders.
icon41.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-25-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom