Favourite novel/book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

-The Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder (don't laugh...I read them religiously as a child as my life in the jungle was remarkably similar to pioneer life
smile.gif
)

sula, you're my new best friend. i love those books. god knows how many times i read them cover to cover when i was young. in fact if i'm having a really bad day i sometimes pick them up and read. it's like comfort food, but you don't gain weight!

i just read Tom Jones by Henry Fielding. it was REALLY good.

currently, i'm reading Barry Lyndon by W.M. Thackery (it appears to be set in Ireland! how amusing!) and She Stoops to Conquer but I don't know that author.

my favorite book ever is To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. I also really like Contact by Carl Sagan and anything by Cynthia Voight.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by madonna's child:
sula, you're my new best friend. i love those books. god knows how many times i read them cover to cover when i was young. in fact if i'm having a really bad day i sometimes pick them up and read. it's like comfort food, but you don't gain weight!

lol!! i love these books! when "santa" gave them to me when i was a kid, the page about ma & pa laying out the christmas presents was "mysteriously" torn out lol.

i used to want to BE laura engles! lol

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
lol!! i love these books! when "santa" gave them to me when i was a kid, the page about ma & pa laying out the christmas presents was "mysteriously" torn out lol.

i used to want to BE laura engles! lol

*is scandalized by "Santa's" actions*
wink.gif

Maybe your parents just should have used the method that I experienced... having my sister blab the truth about Santa Claus!

------------------
Larry's always been tough. He can laugh heartily telling the story of how as little kids on Christmas Eve he and his sister kept pestering their father,saying, "I think I hear Santa, Dad! I think I hear Santa!" Until their annoyed old man said "There is no Santa Claus! Now go to sleep!"

--Bill Flanagan,U2 at the End of the World

Fiction
Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy and anything else written by him

Macbeth - William Shakespeare

Merlin Trilogy - Mary Stewart
really love anything Arthurian

The Eagle and the Raven - Pauline Gedge. This is a beautiful account about the struggle of the Celtic tribes of Britain against the might of the Roman army - just wonderful

Wrack - James Bradley. Nominated for the Booker Prize. A brilliant Australian writer. Is written on many levels - for history and archaeology buffs

Non Fiction
Anything by John Shelby Spong - completely changed the way I look at Christianity

Thats enough

Pamela

here goes:

TOLKIEN: lord of the rings

LEON URIS: Battle Cry, Trinity, Mila 18, Exodus

Joseph Heller: CATCH 22, Closing Time

Douglas Adams: HITCHHIKER GUIDE...

GUY GAVRIEL KAY: ANYTHING

MICHAEL CHABON: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Wonder Boys

KAFKA: ANYTHING

Dostoievski: Idiot, Crime and Punishement

WALTER MOERS: 13 1/2 LIVES OF CAPTIAN BLUEBEAR - READ THIS IF YOU CAN FIND IT!!!!!!!!!! As Rolingstone said "sheer lunacy", crazy book that you can easily read to your kids, or your kids to you...

GEORGE ORWEL: 1984, Animal farm

KING&BARKER: TALISMAN

KING: THE STAND

there so much more, but theese are the books that i will never be able to get out of my head...

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

I totally forgot Gone with the Wind, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-->This book is a must read in my opinion. Just fantastic. Also, if you haven't read The Shining and have only seen the film, READ THIS BOOK! I was blown away by it.

Originally posted by PopTart, Pamela:

The Eagle and the Raven - Pauline Gedge. This is a beautiful account about the struggle of the Celtic tribes of Britain against the might of the Roman army - just wonderful

Oh, that's an amazing book! Her Egypt novels are mostly excellent too.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom