Favorite Version of Streets Live??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Live Version of Streets

• JT/LT Tour - Show Opener

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • ZooTV Tour - Bullet/RTSS/Streets

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • PopMart Tour- Please/Streets

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Elevation Tour - AIWIY-Horses-40/Streets

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Elevation Tour - Bad-Horses-40/Streets

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

U2Fan101

Refugee
Streets is the one song when I hear live, I get teary eyed and it's really hard to not cry. Something about it.

So I want to know what your favorite version of Streets is?

The Popheart version is magical. I know because I was there. :D I also liked the beefed up sequencer line and the extended ending.

Then there will be no time for sorrow

C ya!

Marty

I voted for the Popmart tour version, especially the one from Rotterdam on the Please EP.

I love that electronic sounding bassline....:up:

Elvis Presley said:
I voted for the Popmart tour version, especially the one from Rotterdam on the Please EP.

I love that electronic sounding bassline....:up:

As always, Ep has the answer :up:

popmart.

i think the please/streets combination during popmart is probably the best thing they've ever done live.

ZooTV. The lights, the cameras, the music, the stage, the atmosphere. Live performances don't get better than that. From the load and bright setting for BTBS to the enchanting RTSS and then to a locg and nerve-tingling start to Streets. How can anybody not agree that it is the best. P.S. I've seen them from all the different eras...

You're all insane. Streets will always be the definitive U2 opener! I don't care what anyone says. The reinventions are all lovely but come on...the song's dynamics just scream opener. I'd sooner remember it as an opener anyway rather than a midset bit of nostalgia.

Elevation Tour - Bad-Horses-40/Streets

I'm pretty sure this will always be my favorite since that was how I experienced it for the first time live.

in an Elevation Tour date they played Please and then Streets... and Bono forgot the lyric of Please (it was in Baltimore)

*the useless data of the day sponsored by Jack In The Box

Flaming Friar Sr said:
popmart.

i think the please/streets combination during popmart is probably the best thing they've ever done live.

I think that's one of the better U2 one-two punches I've heard. Though Bad and RTSS are far better songs (in my opinion) than Please, the combination at Popmart was perfect.

I know they played Please before Streets once during the elevation tour -- Baltimore I think. Was this done in a Popmart-ish fashion? (i.e. full blown Please, not an acoustic version, with Bono howling "Pleeeeeeeeeease" as the Streets intro began)

Back
Top Bottom