Favorite U2 guitar riff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best U2 guitar "riffs"

• The Fly

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Until the End of the World

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Elevation

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Pride

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Streets

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Wire

• Beautiful Day

• Desire

• Numb

• MOFO

• God Part 2

• All I Want is You

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Kite

• Out of Control

• Walk On

• Acrobat

• Ultraviolet

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters
One Tree Still said:
I'm sure I'm missing some here, and some aren't technically "riffs", but rather, well-known U2 guitar chord progressions - but you get the idea!

While this is ok for most songs, it doesn't excuse the absence of "One." :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Always said:

You rock, too! I love that song to no end, and I actually understand the lyrics, lol. A lot of people either get annoyed by it, or think it's all a bunch of gibberish. hehe, oh well. :cool:

wertsie and Always - I don't mean to butt into your conversation too much but when I first heard the song Always I could barely believe my ears. The lyrics to that song really hit home for me. I guess you know what I voted for in the Beautiful Day vs. Always poll.:wink:

hotpepper said:

wertsie and Always - I don't mean to butt into your conversation too much but when I first heard the song Always I could barely believe my ears. The lyrics to that song really hit home for me. I guess you know what I voted for in the Beautiful Day vs. Always poll.:wink:

Same here. But I haven't seen the BD vs. Always poll....but my choice would be obvious :wink:

hotpepper said:

hehe...Butt in all you want! We should have an "Always" fan club...hehe

Oh, and, Always...The poll is on the next page now, I believe.

Hmmm...Edge's 'crying' riff in the middle of Kite (just before Bono sings "I'm a maaaaaan.....") gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it...still does :sad:

riffs??

I don't think many of the songs listed have distinct "riffs". But this was part of the disclaimer ;)

Anyway, as far as actual riffs go, Discoteque is far and away the top song. I remember a review of POP back in 97, saying how bad it was of course, really ripping on Discoteque and then the reviewer said "but if you listen at (some certain minute and second) of the song, you will hear one of the greatest rock guitar riffs of all time"

I agree!

I am surprised to see Pride so low.I can imagine the song is tiring, but the album version has the watermark U2 riff. Its one of the most original piece of music and If I have to chose one piece of music to define music I would pick that.Original, passionate and full of energy.

Back
Top Bottom