Favorite U2 era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As wth most people its hard to choose. Each era is unique, has its own character - love them all for different reasons
But I wll have to go for Rattle & Hum, which no one has mentioned, and it is hard to know why - they looked and sounded just incredible - glory days. Bonos voice was searing and Edge was flying without wings. I also love it because it was the end of a phase.You cannot imagine they would want to dream it up all over again - but they did!!

Also love UF era - the Bad on WAIA is perfection - my fav U2 recording above all others!

Pamela

Last edited:
Saracene said:
Well, I've only been a fan through the ATYCLB-Elevation era... I've missed out on so much! :( :( :(

Same here...:(.

Originally posted by Saracene
Musically, my favourite era right now is probably "Unforgettable Fire". I listen to UF and "Wide Awake in America" EP a lot; simply enchanting stuff.

Yeah...I listened to their early stuff last night...their early stuff is just so full of energy-it's great.

Originally posted by Saracene
Visually-wise, AB-ZooTV has always been my favourite era in terms of videos and the visual identity of the band. You just can't get more iconic than The Fly.

That I agree with you on. The whole ZooTV concept is just mind-blowing.

As for The Fly-he is the epitome of cool.

Angela

I would have to chose AB era But as of recently I have really been into the Unforgetable Fire era, but it changes all the time!:yes:

PopTart said:
As wth most people its hard to choose. Each era is unique, has its own character - love them all for different reasons
But I wll have to go for Rattle & Hum, which no one has mentioned, and it is hard to know why - they looked and sounded just incredible - glory days. Bonos voice was searing and Edge was flying without wings. I also love it because it was the end of a phase.You cannot imagine they would want to dream it up all over again - but they did!!

Also love UF era - the Bad on WAIA is perfection - my fav U2 recording above all others!

Pamela

Hey, I mentioned it, look back at my post. Lovetown was the Rattle and Hum tour basically and the same period. I just wish there were better bootlegs of the Australian leg which was the first leg of that tour. For Lovetown only, U2 was actually at its best at the beginning IMO. Those shows are amazing to hear.

Moonlit_Angel said:

As for The Fly-he is the epitome of cool.

Angela

Yes he was/is! Hot too! :combust: As much as I love 80's U2 and Elevation U2 there is something about ZOOTV that is so appealing visually, and the music too of course. Some of my favorite 'hot Bono pics' are AB/Zooropa era. The One bar video, the Stay video, ZOOTV Sydney, oooohhhh :drool:

Doggone it U2, there's just so much to love! :love:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Yes he was/is! Hot too! :combust: As much as I love 80's U2 and Elevation U2 there is something about ZOOTV that is so appealing visually, and the music too of course. Some of my favorite 'hot Bono pics' are AB/Zooropa era. The One bar video, the Stay video, ZOOTV Sydney, oooohhhh :drool:

Other than the fact that I've never seen the ZooTV Sydney thing, I agree with you on the other stuff, with the videos and all that.

The music was definitely awesome during that time-not only do I love Bono's Fly character, I love the song "The Fly"-that has brilliant lyrics in it, every single line is just fantastic in that song.

Achtung Baby is one kickass album.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Doggone it U2, there's just so much to love! :love:

Tell me about it...

Angela

I'm fascinated by the Rattle and Hum era U2. Edge dressed like a farmer and Bono dressed like uhh I don't know what he was trying to pull off. He wore aviator sunglasses, and had really long hair and wore weird pin stripped pants and a black vest, he looked like a weird mafia drug dealer.

Im sure this is a popular choice but my fave was the Attention Baby/Zoorpa era....

anytime a band can reinvent themselves so succesfully and still make unbelievable music it amazing.......

:up:

It's interesting to see no one picked this yet...but actually my fave era is right NOW.

ATYCLB/Elevation tour - a great album which put many people's faith in U2 back and a great tour to back it up!

PopTart said:
I will have to go for Rattle & Hum, which no one has mentioned, and it is hard to know why - they looked and sounded just incredible - glory days. Bonos voice was searing and Edge was flying without wings.

I will have to pick Joshua Tree Rattle and Hum U2. Best looking, best music. :love: Rock's hottest ticket!

Hey,

That dog in your sig looks just like my two beagles

I don't think anyone in music ever matched what U2 did during the Zoo TV era. That was exceptional. Great concept, great music, and, last but not least, great show!

btw, the Until The End Of The World version on the 1990-2000 DVD is mind-blowing. Does anyone know during which show this was recorded? I think it's the same one as on the "Outside Broadcast" bootleg, but I don't know where it was recorded.

Sweepie said:

yeah I named myself after my dog. LOL! ;)

Just like Indiana Jones.

Cujo just picked that name because "IThinkMissCleoIsHot" was already taken.

u2popmofo said:

Just like Indiana Jones.

Cujo just picked that name because "IThinkMissCleoIsHot" was already taken.

You know it... plus that name really didn't fit well in the window.

Back
Top Bottom