Favorite song from POP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whats your favorite song from the POP album?

• Discotheque

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • MOFO

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Staring At The Sun

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Gone

Votes: 48 28.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Please

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Whats your favorite song from the POP album? I have a tough choice between "Do You Feel Loved" and "Gone".

I love every single tune from Pop so this one was a toughie. Moods change with the weather and the favorite used to be "If God Will Send His Angels". But now, I'm returning to my old favorite gospel acid blues - "Wake Up Deadman". One of U2's greatest lyrical, musical, and atmospherical tunes of all time (in my opinion).

"Jesus...
were you just around the corner?
Did you think to try and warn her?
Or were you working on something new?"

-[z]-

Last edited:
Please

I enjoy Mofo and DYFL, cause they make me want to :dance: and Velvet Dress just oozes sex. But I had to choose Please, it just has such a desperate quality to it.

*Edited Because:
I wanted to add that I think Last Night on Earth is one of U2's least appreciated songs. I think it's good, it could compete with Gone anyday, but it get's no love.

Last edited:
"The Playboy Mansion"

*is a freak*

I know the lyrics aren't very good, but there's something about it that feels so desperate and perfect.

I didn't like GONE as it was on the POP album, maybe 'cause I don't like POP sound at all,but now I've discovered its beauty thanks to the new mix of the Best Of.
It's the song that I've listened to for the most of the time in the last week :love:

But since this poll is about the POP version of GONE,I think the best tunes on POP are SATS and WUDM

This was a little harder than picking Stay from Zooropa. I have to say Gone is the best song here, but Please definetly deserves some credit.

Do you Feel Loved. I love Bono's whispering voice........oh yeah and the tunes.

But all the others are equal great. If I jad thought longer, I would have gone with Velvet Dress or nothing cos I couldn't decide. :reject:

bonoman said:
Zooficer, If you werent a boy i would like to date you....

Wake up dead man is the greatest U2 song ever(IMHO)

Jesus, Jesus help me, I'm alone in this world and a fucked up world it is too

That's probably one of the sweetest things anyone has ever told me :combust: :heart: :slant:

-[z]-

Re: Didjya have to ask?

DYFL said:

I totally just thought you were me with yer avatar... cos that was mine for EVER until about two weeks ago... :tongue:
I'se like "I don't remember posting in this thread..."
heh :D

ANYWAY

MOFO, followed by every other song on the album

Back
Top Bottom