Favorite song from POP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whats your favorite song from the POP album?

• Discotheque

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • MOFO

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • If God Will Send His Angels

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Staring At The Sun

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Gone

Votes: 48 28.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The Playboy Mansion

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Please

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
Pop has really grown on me.

I voted for Gone with Wake Up Dead Man as a close second coz I'm so original. :wink:

Right now, the rest rate as follows:

3. DYFL
4. Mofo
5. Velvet Dress
6. Discotheque
7. Last Night on Earth
8. Please (the live version is SO much better!)
9. Staring at the Sun
10. Miami
11. Playboy Mansion
12. IGWSHA ( :yawn: ) Hands down the most boring U2 song ever. (the "Best of" mix is a tad better)

Written as if y'all cared to read this. :D

flaming june said:
12. IGWSHA ( :yawn: ) Hands down the most boring U2 song ever. (the "Best of" mix is a tad better)

:up: Agree. I love Pop - I'd love it more without this track. However I'd be hard pressed to decide which was U2's most boring song as Van Diemen's Land and Love Rescue Me are really tough competitors in this category. :yawn:

ultraviolet7 said:

:up: Agree. I love Pop - I'd love it more without this track. However I'd be hard pressed to decide which was U2's most boring song as Van Diemen's Land and Love Rescue Me are really tough competitors in this category. :yawn:

I like Van Diemen's Land though... I've always thought of it as a lullaby of sorts. :shrug:

But I understand why VDL and LRM could be considered boring, because they're slow and not very original. But I really can't explain why I find IGWSHA so unappealing... everytime I hear it I think "that song could be so much better." :huh:

I voted for Gone just because it has stuck with me since the first time I heard the album. BUT If you wear that velvet dress in my opinion is one of the sexiest songs out there!!:yes: :wave:

wake up dead man, ifgod will send his angels, or staring at the sun

i'm not sure

it has to be gone it was back in 97 and it still is today the new mix on the best of is better again!

For me it's a toss up between Staring and Please. I'd have to say though, that if Please (Single Version) was on the POP album, it would definitely be the best. But since it isn't, I'm going with Staring. The entire album is genious anyway so what does it matter which one is best?

Last Night on Earth. Great song live and they filmed the video in Kansas City(I live 25 miles west of KC).

Gotta love that BOOM-CHA!!

I groove and move on DISCOTHEQUE.

other faves: Staring at the sun, Last Night On Earth, Miami, Please, and Gone.

You know your chewing bubblegum.........

The more I think about it, the more I realize I do like Pop, dadgummit!

It was a hard choice between "Gone," "Please," and "Mofo."

"Discotheque" is standing not far behind, the beat pounding impatiently at my booty and the Boom-Chas singing in my ear.

Back
Top Bottom