Favorite song from ATYCLB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite song from ATYCLB?

• Beautiful Day

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Elevation

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Walk On

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Kite

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • In A Little While

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Peace On Earth

• When I Look At The World

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • New York

• Grace

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Whats your favorite song from ATYCLB? My favorite song is KITE!

Beautiful Day.

No matter what mood I'm in, that song always cheers me up and gives me a fresh love for life and a desire to "seize the day".

We did our wedding recession to it as well (walking down the aisle out of the church), so it holds a special part in my heart for that reason, too!

It's close, but it's Kite for me. One of their best live songs, and the message is a moving one.

1. In a Little While
2. Kite
3. Beautiful Day
4. New York
5. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
6. Elevation
7. Wild Honey
8. Walk On
9. Grace
10. Peace On Earth
11. When I Look at the World

beautiful day. it was either between that and kite, two very powerful songs.

some say the live version of kite is way better, but i actually like the album version the most.

if any of you have the stuck in a moment or walk on single, the beautiful day version from farmclub i believe it was, is absolutely excellent. edges guitar is way more to the front which is great.

:shrug: it's a three way tossup for me among: Walk on, Elevation, and Wild Honey...

So I chose Walk On :der:

Walk On, because it's such an uplifting, heartfelt song. But I think most of the songs from ATYCLB are like that... It's not my favorite U2 album, but it is my "feel good" album. And I really need it sometimes.

1. In a Little While
2. Kite
3. The Ground Beneath Her Feet (I have the UK album...)
4. Walk On
5. Beautiful Day
6. Elevation
7. Stuck In a Moment
8. New York
9. Wild Honey
10. Grace
11. When I Look at the World
12. Peace on Earth

That's the first of these pools I could actually make such a list...
I voted for IALW because it reminds me of better times with a friend with whom I had a horrific falling out, which is ironic because of the whole first verse. Kite is just a great song. TGBHF kicks ass live...all acoustic and Edge and Bono sharing a mic...

IMO, it is a photo finish between Kite, Walk On, and In A Little While, but in the end, I feel IALW is my favorite. I actually believe that it would have been a huge single if they has released it; perhaps the biggest mistake in the marketing of ATYCLB.

In a live context, Kite is the song that ATYCLB will be remembered for. It will go down with Bad, Heartland, Running To Stand Still and October as one of U2's greatest "hidden gems". Live, it connects in a way that many great non-single U2 songs do. In my opinion, it is the song off ATYCLB. It is pure U2.

Oh, gosh...here's how I'd probably rank these:

1. In A Little While (this is just a cute song. I love this one-puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. They actually have played this song on a radio station in my area before)
2. Walk On (very inspirational song, the lyrics are actually really good advice)
3. Kite (very sad song, but the "I know that this is not goodbye" part shows some hope that the parting people will meet again someday)
4. Stuck In A Moment (personal reasons-a crush from last year)
5. Elevation (this song just kicks butt)
6. Beautiful Day
7. Peace On Earth
8. Wild Honey
9. When I Look At The World
10. Grace
11. New York

That was tough.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom