Favorite song from ATYCLB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite song from ATYCLB?

• Beautiful Day

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Elevation

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Walk On

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Kite

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • In A Little While

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Peace On Earth

• When I Look At The World

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • New York

• Grace

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
UltravioletU2 said:
Beautiful Day.

No matter what mood I'm in, that song always cheers me up and gives me a fresh love for life and a desire to "seize the day".

We did our wedding recession to it as well (walking down the aisle out of the church), so it holds a special part in my heart for that reason, too!

I surprised myself by also voting for Beautiful Day. I was at a birthday party recently and I didn't know most of the people there very well, just the birthday boy. But somebody put on a mixed tape of some really cool and eclectic stuff...and after about 30 minutes, Beautiful Day came on and I observed about 20 people I hardly knew and had never talked about U2 with, suddenly come to life and start dancing in mid-conversation, throwing their arms up in the air and singing along, and suddenly there was this whole celebratory, joyful reverie. It was really incredible and I realized again what a powerful song that is.

You should of seen what happened at a dance club in Galway Ireland last weekend when Beautiful Day came on, people jammed pack the dance floor, it was awesome!

joyfulgirl said:

I surprised myself by also voting for Beautiful Day. I was at a birthday party recently and I didn't know most of the people there very well, just the birthday boy. But somebody put on a mixed tape of some really cool and eclectic stuff...and after about 30 minutes, Beautiful Day came on and I observed about 20 people I hardly knew and had never talked about U2 with, suddenly come to life and start dancing in mid-conversation, throwing their arms up in the air and singing along, and suddenly there was this whole celebratory, joyful reverie. It was really incredible and I realized again what a powerful song that is.

STING2 said:

You should of seen what happened at a dance club in Galway Ireland last weekend when Beautiful Day came on, people jammed pack the dance floor, it was awesome!

Yeah it's really incredible how people react to BD - I've heard raves (and not particularly from U2 fans) about the energy and up- feeling it transmits however I still can't help disliking the song and invariably skipping it when playing ATYCLB

Walk On and Kite have always been my personal favorites, but I found a new meaning in the lately since my girlfriend moved to another city last Friday. Those song are really helping me through it.

I had to vote for Elevation cause I like rockin' out to this song with my kids.

Walk On is another favorite for the subtle message it contains....

"kite"! no, i mean "in a little while"! no, in mean "elevation"! no, i mean "when i look at the world"! no, i mean "walk on"! no, wait, what about "stuck"?? AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHH *explodes*

In A Little While. The funny thing is when ATYCLB was first released my reaction to this song was - yawn. But now I love it. The guitar part is so pretty, Bono's voice is wonderful and some of the lyrics are just lovely - especially "A man takes a rocket ship into the skies/He lives on a star that's dying in the night/And follows in the trail, the scatter of light."

Bono's shades said:
In A Little While. The funny thing is when ATYCLB was first released my reaction to this song was - yawn. But now I love it. The guitar part is so pretty, Bono's voice is wonderful and some of the lyrics are just lovely - especially "A man takes a rocket ship into the skies/He lives on a star that's dying in the night/And follows in the trail, the scatter of light."

i totally know what you mean. but then i was taking a chemistry test and i couldn't get the "slow down my beating heart" part out of my head, and that was the ONLY part of the song in knew. and as far as the guitar part goes i can't help but love anything i've ever taught myself how to play. because even though it's a nice simple riff there's something about the chords that are just so f:censored:g PERFECT...for me it's mostly about the music and not really the lyrics, but the "a man dreams one day..." part is really awesome...one of those things that reminds me to pay attention to the words

Of all the polls, I find this one really hard to believe. Stuck, only 3 votes? Holy Moses! I picked Kite, but I was sure there would of been more people are these parts that would of picked Stuck. Maybe some fans will come around and help this one get unstuck.

Roland of Gilead said:
Of all the polls, I find this one really hard to believe. Stuck, only 3 votes? Holy Moses! I picked Kite, but I was sure there would of been more people are these parts that would of picked Stuck. Maybe some fans will come around and help this one get unstuck.

stuck is one of my favourites, i love everything about that song. in the poll i picked...i forgot what i picked. i've got too many favourites and i think i picked kite or when i look at the world to mess around with evening out the votes, being DUMB enough to think that more people would tend to pick things that were released as singles (that just bugs me even when the singles are amazing songs, which is the case iwth a lot of u2 stuff)

Back
Top Bottom