favorite snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
just curious whats your favorite in concert snippet?

I love when they break out into "sgt peppers lonely hearts club band"

I thought the snippet of Patti Smith's "Rock and Roll ******" at the end of "Vertigo" was really great on this last tour. They should have done it more.

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I'm not really a huge fan of a lot of their snippets. I really disliked the "She Loves You" bit they threw in for some of the later Vertigo shows.

Another Patti Smith one: "People Got the Power" at the end of "Bad" was pretty great, too.

I like the "Stories for Boys" snippet in Vertigo. "Bullet the Butterfly Wings" in Electric Co. is another cool snippet.

"Sexual Healing" in AIWIY
"Walk On" in One (Irving Plaza)

My all-time favorite is of course "Shine Like Stars"

I DON'T KNOW WHY SOMETIMES I GET FRIGHTENED! :drool:

I Got You and Four Seasons In One Day = best snippets ever.

The Joy Division snippets that Bono's done (Love Will Tear Us Apart, Transmission, She's Lost Control) are awesome too.

Is that what that is at the end of Streets??? Holy shit, I never noticed that before! I don't know how many times I've listened to the live version on the "Please" CD single.

:lol:

:reject:

Axver said:
I DON'T KNOW WHY SOMETIMES I GET FRIGHTENED! :drool:

I Got You and Four Seasons In One Day = best snippets ever.

Axver, could you point me to what show(s) this was done at. I may have heard it and not even realise it....

...and pretty much all the Discotheque snippets on Popmart were cool....Black Betty/Howie B. Discotheque remix/Stayin' Alive/We Are Family/Whole Lotta Love, etc. The best version is Popmart Tel Aviv....

Last edited:
Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and Blackbird. I also have to confess to liking Satisfaction during The Fly and You'll Never Walk Alone during Walk On.

She Loves You during Vertigo is pretty cool.

Nate Dogg said:
Axver, could you point me to what show(s) this was done at. I may have heard it and not even realise it....

Four Seasons In One Day is during the breakdown of Elevation on 2006-11-24, Auckland, with a brief snippet of I Got You right at the end of the song (I couldn't make it out at the show itself, but it's clear enough on the boot).

I Got You is done properly during the breakdown of Elevation on 2006-11-25, Auckland.

Break On Through To The Other Side during Electric Co. Bono did a little of it during Vertigo. Best version though is during the Joshua Tree tour.

I also kind of like Amazing Grace during Electric Co on the Unforgettable Fire tour. Bono actually hits the high note at most performances.

MrBrau1 said:
So, we've come to this?

snippets?

Hey europop2005,

whats you favorite U2 song and why?

Why are you such a fucking grump lately?

J_NP said:
NEVER TEAR US APART in PopMart All I want is you

That was even better when it was paired with Love Will Tear Us Apart in With Or Without You at a few Vertigo fifth leg shows. :drool:

You know what would have been cool? Bono throwing in a little Sufjan Stevens "Chicago" on one of their treks through Chicago. I can see Bono singing that chorus.

I don't know what made me think of that. Carry on.

MrBrau1 said:

Cause the threads suck?

Then make better ones?

The way you're pretty much just shitting on everyone at the moment is bordering on trollish behaviour, and it's just irritating as hell. Stop wasting your time if you think so lowly of the threads here and the opinions of the people who post in them.

Axver said:

Then make better ones?

The way you're pretty much just shitting on everyone at the moment is bordering on trollish behaviour, and it's just irritating as hell. Stop wasting your time if you think so lowly of the threads here and the opinions of the people who post in them.

That's true.

Somebody has to be great around here.

False superiority, awesome :up:

My favorite snippet is Never Tear Us Apart in All I Want is You.

See: PopMart Mexico.

I love Shine Like Stars too, but does it count as a snippet if it's just a made-up Bono bit from a nonexistent song?

Inquiring minds want to know for official snippetdom.

Back
Top Bottom