Favorite Slane performances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
What were your favorite song performances on the Slane DVD?? Oh and feel free to respond in U2 morse code :wink:

UTEOTW
New Years Day- Butt kicking, super sized energy packed Bono vocal performance

All I want is You- I :heart: this song; one of my faves

WOWY- Awesome

I'd have to go with New Year's Day a brilliant performance but also because of the 'Close your eyes and imagine that it's Jason McAteer' because he was born in the same town as me. Made me feel a part of the show.

I like New Year's Day...when Bono giggles!

One...with the added lyric

Mysterious Ways...when Bono brought Eve out I lost it, it was amazing to see him being so tender and loving with his daughter.

"Oh look, Edge. A beach ball!"

the highlights for me were:

1. Elevation ("Do you believe in me!")
2. Beautiful Day ("the goal is soul!")
3. Until the End of the World ("da da da da da da da da!")
4. New Years Day ("close your eyes...")
5. Out of Control ("I'd like to thank my father...")
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday ("turn this song into a prayer")
7. Wake up dead man (sitting down)
8. Stuck in a moment ("hey yay, yay yeah, love song")
9. Kite ("for bob hewson")
10. Angel of Harlem ("hes got a few of those!")
11. Desire (bono stomping his feet)
12. All I want is you ("this is for my beautiful wife...")
13. Where the Streets Have No Name ("but i can dance dance dance in the dirty rain!")
14. pride ("love! love! love! love!")
15. bullet the blue sky (flashlight)
16. With or Without You ("We'll shine like stars in the summer night! We'll shine like stars it'll be alright!")
17. One ("hear us coming love...")
18. Walk On ("you look so beautiful!")

pretty much every track is memorable to me :) (except staring at the sun)

Last edited:
On the night of September 1st 2001, I stood in the grounds of Slane Castle and watched the lads kick ass as usual, and the references to his father throughout the night (many of which were cut from the DVD...like "I'd like to thank god for taking my ol' man away from his sickness & tired old body and giving him a new one, bob hewson you were a class man), was really moving and was cool to be a part of it...the best day of my life might not be able to be captured in DVD and being my first (and only) U2 concert probably wont experience anything as great but Croke Park 2005 Here I come...!
:D

This is my favorite concert EVER!!!

I love every song on here but my favorites would have to be:

Beautiful Day
UTEOTW
Kite
WTSHNN
Mysterious Ways

Boy oh boy do I love this concert!!!

How about all of them? :wink:

But really... Some standouts in my opinion are:

UTEOTW
Out Of Control
New Year's Day
Wake Up Dead Man
Angel Of Harlem
Kite
All I Want Is You
Streets
Bullet
One

Wake up Dead Man is without a doubt one of my favorite parts. Bono's voice is so strong...

the wailing btw all I want is you and Streets - God, its so raw and emotional and then before streets he says -

It's Paul, it's Paul
Sing this song for him
I sing this song for him, for him

I get goosebumps everytime I see it

If I had to pick one I'd go with UTEOTW, but the whole DVD is great. My favorite music concert DVD of all time, its such a great performance and has so much emotion involved. My favorite part is when Bono says "I'd like to dedicate this next song to my beautiful wife...for Ali." that part gives me chills everytime for some reason.

FullonEdge2 said:
This DVD is so magical and emotional. If you don't have it already, get it.

this is a must have for any u2 fan! Get it just to see Larry smile more than on one occasion :wink: I've never seen the band have so much fun on stage (i.e. "Angel of Harlem")

There is only one outright winner that has to be the start of Streets. That is the most emotional beginning to a song I have ever heard, unbelievable. When the camera switches over to Edge with his eyes closed listening, with Bono still wailing for his father, then just as the bass kicks in Edge smiles, he recognises the feeling and emotion that Bono has been able to put into that first minute and that he is singing for his father, it's a great moment. It really gets to me every time I watch it, as it was 2 days after Bob Hewson died and Bono still did the gig, amazing.

The other song must be Out Of Control. As it was their first single they really got into it and Bono's speech in the middle to thank all their parents was very powerful and emotional.

I wish I had gone to one of the Slane Castle's concerts instead of going to see them in Stockholm

I just watched the Slane Castle DVD yesterday, and it was amazing. it just renewed my love for this band. my girlfriend, who had never seen anything live by U2, was in awe. I thought the version of "One" was particularly powerful. and when Bono was shouting the names after Sunday Bloody Sunday.....i just held back tears so many times during this concert.

no doubt about it: This is the greatest rock 'n roll band.

On the night of September 1st 2001, I stood in the grounds of Slane Castle and watched the lads kick ass as usual, and the references to his father throughout the night (many of which were cut from the DVD...like "I'd like to thank god for taking my ol' man away from his sickness & tired old body and giving him a new one, bob hewson you were a class man), was really moving and was cool to be a part of it...the best day of my life might not be able to be captured in DVD and being my first (and only) U2 concert probably wont experience anything as great but Croke Park 2005 Here I come...!

the entire performance of Out of Control is awsome, one of U2's best recordings i think. Another highlight if one, Edge's playing this time if phenominal.

Back
Top Bottom