Favorite part of least favorite song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats your favorite part of your least favorite song...there has to be one...a riff...a sound...something (oh and please dont say something like "I like the part when its over")

for example...I can't stand Miami... but once the guitars die down theres this cool little electronic sound about 2 minutes into the song...just swelling up and down

I like the part when its over :wink:

I don't really have a least favourite u2 song, but there are some I don't love as much as the others. I don't like peace on earth that much, but I do like the line "Hear it every Christmas time, but hope and history won't rhyme." I don't really know why, it's just cool.

Last edited:
Originally posted by partygirlvox I don't like wild honey that much, but I do like the line "Hear it every Christmas time, but hope and history won't rhyme." I don't really know why, it's just cool.

umm...

Zootlesque said:

You realize you're talking about 2 different songs there, right? :wink:

:lol: I meant peace on earth.. don't really like wild honey that much either though!

I think Love And Peace Or Else is worse than both. Horrible title. The most cliche U2 chorus ever! But I do like the "release release release" parts where the drums kinda explode into the chorus.

last night on earth :barf:

but i do like the little intermezzo "slipping away..." part.

Least favorite song is Big girls are best.

Favorite part of song... Musically, this song is pretty groovy. However, Bono's lyrics make this the worst U2 song ever.

There's nothing I like about Elvis Ate America at all. But some people don't consider it a U2 song, so here's the likeable parts of the U2 songs I loathe:

Ultra Violet: a few good lyrics here and there and Edge's guitar line has potential.
TTTYAATW: "A man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle"
One: the live "do you hear us coming?" verse is fantastic.
Stuck In A Moment: Edge's verse at the end.
In A Little While: the "rocketship" verse.

I dislike Some Days Are Better Than Others quite strongly, however Claytons bassline is pretty good, i have to admit.

Axver said:
TTTYAATW: "A man needs a woman like a fish needs a bicycle"
I believe it's actually "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" but you are right, best part in the song.

Axver said:
Stuck In A Moment: Edge's verse at the end.

Agreed, I especially like the acoustic version...

The only one I can think of right now is SATS, it has a mixture of cringe worthy (IMO) lyrics: "There's an Insect in your ear..." and one of my favourite sets of lyrics:

Intransigence in all around
Military's still in town
Armour plated suits and ties
Daddy just won't say goodbye
Referee won't blow the whistle.
God is good but will he listen?
I'm nearly great but there's something missing.
I left it in the duty free,
Oh, though you never really belonged to me.

I took this off of U2.com btw so if there are any errors, talk to them...

I can safely say that there is nothing I like in Red Light.

I like the gentleness of Grace, but it's not enough to carry the whole song.

"A man and a Woman" is not one of U2's best songs, but I love Adam's bass line.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I believe it's actually "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" but you are right, best part in the song.

Is it that obvious that I haven't listened to the song in about two years? :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
Hmm... what is there good in Babyface? Nothing I can think of at the moment.

How did I forget about that! My goodness, that song sucks.

"From the brightest star/ Comes the blackest hole." in Crumbs, a song which otherwise has no redeeming value whatsoever.

I actually kinda like Babyface.

Absolutely no part of The Refugee can save it from being a flaming pile of crap, absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom