Favorite moment from Zoo TV Sydney?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to go with the majority and nominate RTSS, especially from the fake needle onwards. Chills, every single time, and I adore the guitar riff on that version. :drool:

And of course, Adam having a heart attack. :) Poor guy, he was probably feeling like crap, too.

I also love Mysterious Ways... but if I keep on like this, I'll wind up listing the whole video. It's my favourite. :D

The moment or two which I found most disturbing (and I admit I might have hallucinated), were those split-seconds where the angle of Bono's face combined badly with the lighting, and I could swear he looked JUST LIKE Robin Williams. :ohmy:
Or was that just me?

Running to stand still....... when he hit his arm with the needle..... mmmmmmhhhh..... goosebumps come directly.... it's an incredible moment. Beginning of Lemon after the call is also soooo good!!!!

The whole show is just at another level..... U2 were at their best, that was unreal. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Alisaura said:

The moment or two which I found most disturbing (and I admit I might have hallucinated), were those split-seconds where the angle of Bono's face combined badly with the lighting, and I could swear he looked JUST LIKE Robin Williams. :ohmy:
Or was that just me?

YES!! - I know it too!! During Streets!!!

- The guitar riff at the start of Zoo Station (hearing the fans scream makes it even more fantastic)
- The end of Dirty Day
- The Fly & The Video Screens
- The last part of Mysterious Ways
- RTSS --> Streets
- UTEOTW & the numbers
- Love is Blindness

I'm so happy that it will finally be released on dvd...

Zoo Station into
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Love is Blindness
The Fly

(what was not good?)

EVERYTHING!!!

-THE FLY :drool:
-Beginning of streets when the lights blow up and fill the whole screen.
-Edge's awesome solo on Bullet
-Macphisto's speech "goodbye, all you neo nazis, i hope they give you auchswitz"

its funny how my favorite moments consist of Bullet and a Bono speech, considering these are two things i HATE about the current u2 tour.

RademR said:
EVERYTHING!!!

-THE FLY :drool:
-Beginning of streets when the lights blow up and fill the whole screen.
-Edge's awesome solo on Bullet
-Macphisto's speech "goodbye, all you neo nazis, i hope they give you auchswitz"

its funny how my favorite moments consist of Bullet and a Bono speech, considering these are two things i HATE about the current u2 tour.

I think Bono's speeches were wittier/funnier during the Zoo days... nowadays they're kind of dry / preachy (still love 'em of course!)

Well, the sequence between RTSS and WTSHNN is U2 at it's best, but I'm also finding the atmosphere and mood of Lemon, especially the "off with the horns, on with the show" very good.

as it is probably my least favorite "hit" of u2's, the performance of "Pride" is incredible.

Edge's face when he's totally mesmerized by Morleigh during "Mysterious Ways." He has the biggest smile on his face and it's just fantastic.

Also love when Edge hops a ride on the camera crane down to the B-stage.

Does anyone have a photo of the Zoo TV money or is it just confetti?

82_2.JPG

this is all i could find on google image search. it's from the euro portion of the tour

My favourite parts are obviously the beginning especially when you hear a bit of Zooropa and of course when you see the great Bobby Moore, England captain of the 1966 World Cup winning team holding up the trophy:)

The end of Dirty Day. That was some serious guitar that needs to be played again soon, you would think that is a song they want to play all the time.

My other fav was the popular part when RTSS blends into Streets but for me I love the last part of RTSS when the camera is pulled way back and you see Bono in the centre of that stage in a sea of people with the light beaming down with his hands in the air.....fantastic stuff!

Curious that it looks like no one put One among them , It's fantastic that the best perfomance of it IMO it's exactely in the official release

The better question would be what isn't a favorite moment on this DVD. I love everything about ZooTV, and in particular:

- Dirty Day, awesome performance, awesome ending :drool:
- Running To Stand Still off course, the Hallelujah's give me chills everytime.
- The smile on Bono's face when he comes up for "Streets", priceless.
- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, I love MacPhisto and the fake money spread all over the stage.
- Love Is Blindness/Can't Help Falling In Love, best ending of a concert ever, great guitar work, great singing :drool:

And much much more.

Obviously not my favorite part. But the barrage of paper balls that are launched at bono during the walk from the B - Stage to the main stage is unbelievible:|

there are many highlights on Zoo-TV Sydney!

But the one that should be number on everyone's list should be Running To Stand Still moving into Streets... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

RTSS > Streets
Daddy's gonna pay!! *BOOM*
Mysterious Ways
Edge + Love is Blindness

DVD now, please!! :drool:

U2DMfan said:
I'd have to pick the greatest moment in U2 history, of course.

The segue between RTSS and Streets.

I bawled when I first saw/heard it. It was incredible.

GibsonGirl said:

I bawled when I first saw/heard it. It was incredible.

Speaking of this moment that we all love so much, it's up on YouTube now. Hooray for being easier to play over and over again than rewinding the VHS.

Not sure if this has been mentioned... but the transition from Lemon to WOWY is beautiful. You have Bono delicately singing "Midnight is where the day begins" and then Adam's WOWY bass line kicks in. I could shed a tear...

Back
Top Bottom