Favorite "less popular " U2 songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorite 'less popular' by album, for me:

Boy-An Cat Dubh
October-I Threw A Brick Through A Window
War-Seconds
UF-Elvis Presley and America
JT-Exit
Rattle and Hum-Heartland
Achtung-So Cruel
Zooropa-Zooropa
Passengers-Slug
POP-Miami
ATYCLB-When I Look At The World

Heartland is an underated gem for sure. Imagine young Irish men, part of a rock band that was becoming a phenomenon in the US, bopping around America, the delta, the deserts, the cities. The way Bono describes it takes you right there, but from a foreigner's view. Great tune. "Wonder Rock"

xana dew said:
Heartland is an underated gem for sure. Imagine young Irish men, part of a rock band that was becoming a phenomenon in the US, bopping around America, the delta, the deserts, the cities. The way Bono describes it takes you right there, but from a foreigner's view. Great tune. "Wonder Rock"

WOW!..I'll just slip on a sweater and some footwear tip toe out the door (It's 2:30 am, dont want to wake up anyone) and go to my car get the CD, tip toe back in *lock the door*slip back into my room and pop the CD in my comp...GIVE IT TO ME, HEARTLAND!!!

Report back, please.

Shit! Now I have to get RH and listen to Heartland myself. Why not. It's only 5:48 in the morning.:ohmy:

Walk to the water ("Let me love you, let meeeeeeeeee")
Tomorrow
Shadows and tall trees ("Mrs. Brown's washing is always the same" - I love that line!)
Drowning man
Hawkmoon
Two shots of happy
Wire
Indian summer sky
One tree hill
Running to stand still
Red Hill Mining town
Exit
In God's Country (dammit - the whole of the Joshua Tree that weren't singles except maybe Trip thru your wires)
Spanish Eyes
Springhill Mining Disaster
Womanfish!!!!!

I forgot "Slug" - best thing on Passengers by a mile! :)

What brilliant lyrics:

Don't want to lose my shirt
Don't want to dig the dirt
Don't want you to get hurt
Can't help it, I'm a flirt

Don't want to take your drugs
Don't want to be a slug
Don't want to overdress
Don't want to make a mess
Don't want you to confess
Not under duress

Don't want to be untrue
I want to be with you

Don't want to lose my nerve
Don't want to clothe the curve
Don't want to make you swerve
Don't want what I deserve
Don't want to change the frame
Don't want to be a pain
Don't want to stay the same

LOVE it!!! :love:

Last edited:
I'll add heartland(forgot about that one) to my list as well, also:

Always (great alternate to BD)
One tree, RHMT( both, along w/Gods country could have easily been singles)
Mothers of the disappearerd (Underated but great song burried under a tree of great songs!);)
The Wanderer (Great song, though I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that I love about it)
Zoo Station(Great song song stuck in an album full of extraordinary ones)
Sort of Homecoming(not sure if it qualifies as less popular though. It wasn't released as a single, was it?)

Come to think of it, I can't think of another band besides The Beatles,and Led Zepplin who such a massive catalog of great songs.

Last edited:
Let me just mention an early gem no-one seems to remember:
Stranger In A Strange Land!

(Just take a listen, you'll love it! Songs like this send chills down my spine and make me realize why it is I like them so much.)

Lemon- my favorite but not a big fave with most u2 fans. I wish this still was performed live.
Exit
Love Comes Tumbling- I love Bono's voice in this song
Red Hill Mining town
Love is Blindness
Holy Joe
In God's Country
Bullet The Blue Sky- R & T live version
Acrobat

Elvis Presley and America
Do You Feel loved
Stranger in a Strange Land
Beach Sequence
Slug
North and South of the River (live)

And finally, Red Light - I'm not sure why people think this song is cheesy, and singing "love" 1000 times does not suffice IMO.

Last edited:
Your Blue Room
So Cruel
Hawkmoon 269
Kite
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Two Hearts Beat As One
Stories For Boys
Trip Through Your Wires
Babyface
Do You Feel Loved

xana dew said:

Wow.. this is such a perfect description of Heartland... I was myself a "foreigner" travelling through the U.S. a few years ago, and this song takes me back to long hours of driving on the roads of America, or walking through the streets of its cities...

This is for sure one of my all-time favourite, it's pure U2. I would even say that's it's one the best vocals for Bono.. if the not THE best ever.

Back
Top Bottom