Favorite Edge songs on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
1. Sometimes, I like how he matches the sadness of the lyrics with the quiet, slow guitar and then switches to the slide to wail along Bono in the peak of the song.

2. Original of the species, the song is beautiful as it is but his ringing guitar in the chorus really adds a lot to it.

3. Vertigo/All because of you, he rocks out like he hasn't in years.

Honorable mention the dirty bluesy guitar in Love and peace or else.

Last edited:
Crumbs From Your Table has such a straight forward groove in the guitar, I really love it. At the end it really comes together as well. Edge is at his best on this track.

I don't think Edge wrote any song off HTDAAB. He only co-wrote at most. Edge didn't sing anything there also, except for his cute cameo line in Miracle Drug.

Cheers,

J

Jick
he did sing backing vocals on most of the songs, but if you are getting technical, which clearly you would be, then he did only sing lead vocal a bit on Miracle Drug
read the sleeve notes mate!

jick said:
I don't think Edge wrote any song off HTDAAB. He only co-wrote at most. Edge didn't sing anything there also, except for his cute cameo line in Miracle Drug.

Cheers,

J

Edge writes all the music Jick! I don't think anyone is saying Edge writes the songs. He gets 20% of the publishing anyway.

Last edited:
City Of Blinding Lights - One of his best intros ever, I love the riff and what he plays on the bridge too!

All Because Of You - Great riff and awesome solo, too bad he didn't kept that solo going.... I also wish they had kept the riff from the alternate version, the one that opens the song. Another great riff!!

Love And Peace Or Else - Heavy Edge.... :drool: Edge matches the madness from Bono's lyrics with his riffs. Another great solo!!

Everything Edge plays on this album is awesome in my opinion! :up:

Edge's wonderful fingerprints are all over this album. It's his baby. Thank you, Edge!!! It's a masterpiece!

Bono's singing is excellent, but his lyrics are only about average (for him), in my book. He can still do a lot better.

Adam and Larry are as solid as ever. I really like Adam's bass work on "Man and a Woman." Larry's drums are a little too low in the mix for my tastes, but I know he'll shine when they take the show on the road.

Back
Top Bottom