favorite concert opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen all of these in person, but for me the best opening is one that I never got to see and that's the Lovetown opening with Hawkmoon 269. Out of the ones's I have seen it has to be ZooTV, starting with the Hitler Youth drummer boy, going into ode to joy and then launching into the sonic booms of aoo station.

I have only seen Wake up>COBL in person, but I have watched all of these on youtube or DVD or know people who have seen them in person. I would say wake up is second only to the red screen for JT. That was unbelievable, to hear the opening organ of streets, edge's guitar, Bono entering in front of the red back drop, the drums starting, and best of all, what seems like every light in the building exploding at the start of the main riff. UNBELIEVABLE, and as much as I liked the tribute to Africa on Vertigo streets, they HAVE to go back to performing Streets in this way, maybe open the encore. At least go back to the light explosion, they were doing that through elevation.

1. Wake Up - Everyone - COBL combo :drool: no1 because its the only one I've seen.
2. Pop Muzik
3. Red screen/Streets, but its only third on the list because I don't like getting Streets over and done with so soon. Its better toward the end.

No spoken words said:
Joshua Tree - Red Screen.

Saw it in person.

Amazing.

Oh, I don't know why:shrug: I had the impression you were younger than that!

Zoo Station must be the one of choice for me, since I was truly struck by the U2 lightning when I saw it on tv the first time :love:

Hmmm.... ,
This was chosen just by the tours I`ve seen.
( wish I had seen Streets opening a show )

01 - Zooropa Leg ( what a way to start a show:wink: )
02 - Pop ( Mofooooooooooooo )
03 - Hawkmoon 269 ( Amsterdam , 1st time ever I saw U2 live , Edge`s intro:drool: )
04 - Wake\Vertigo ( a blasting start )
05 - Elevation ( cool way to appear with the houselights on )
06 - Bullet ( Rotterdam 10-Jan`90 , what a way to start the best show I`ve ever seen U2 play )
07 - Zoo Indoor ( pretty cool with the chant and Bono coming onstage first )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. It`s only about the openings not about the shows themselves , otherwise Rotterdam 10-Jan`90 would`ve won by a landslide:wink:

Elevation remix, combined with arguably their most humble, yet rock-on stage entrance.

luna_lovegood said:
1. Wake Up - Everyone - COBL combo :drool: no1 because its the only one I've seen.
2. Pop Muzik
3. Red screen/Streets, but its only third on the list because I don't like getting Streets over and done with so soon. Its better toward the end.

:up:

Tops is Zoo TV...
closely followed by WakeUp-Vertigo.
In the European shows we couldn't have COBL because it was still daylight when the show started.

Popmart { Pop Muzik -> MOFO }
ZOO TV, Zoomerang { Television -> Zooropa -> *random stuff* -> Zoo Station }
===================
Vertigo { Wake Up > City of Blinding Lights }
===================
Elevation { Elevation influx -> Elevation }
===================
Everything else

Pop Muzik/Zoo TV intro

If you don't pick either of these, you've obviously never seen them before. :tsk: :wink:

Popmuzik. Might be the best band intro by any band.

Just thinking of seeing that red screen in a packed stadium, especially in the cheap seats, could be pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom